UKC

VIDEO: Jorg Verhoeven on Groove Train 8c - Grampians, Australia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 29 Feb 2016
[Jorg Verhoeven on Groove Train 8c - Grampians, Australia]
Jorg Verhoeven and Katha Saurwein visit the Grampian Mountains of Australia to sample the best bouldering and sport climbs in the world. As part of the Grampians "BIG 4", Jorg climbs the classic sport test piece ""Groove Train"" (33/5.14b) and ticks one more #lifelist box.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3040
 jon 29 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Fabulous!
 abarro81 29 Feb 2016
In reply to jon:

I was excited about these Grampians vids since I'm going there in a month or so and I normally like stuff from Jon Glassberg, however I've been kind of disappointed. The old Ben Cossey footage on Groove Train is, however, amazing for those who've not seen it:
youtube.com/watch?v=H-PsXKda6JU&
 jon 29 Feb 2016
In reply to abarro81:

Yeah, brilliant too, thanks. Different. I think the music and the chortling magpies just make the Jorg one. The finale of the Cossey one is something else though!
 Fraser 29 Feb 2016
In reply to jon:

Absolutely. You can see this is one guy who doesn't plan on peeling! Both great videos but for me, the Cossey one is the winner.
 Wft 29 Feb 2016
In reply to abarro81:

Great vid that! Amazing fight.
 AP Melbourne 02 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Agree, reckon Cossey's video is better, but; a few seconds before this lad Jorg took off his blue hat and threw it off I was thinking ... 'throw off the hat and get serious, go for it'. He did.
Make sense to anyone else?
Cheers,
Andy P.
 Morgan Woods 02 Mar 2016
In reply to abarro81:

Thanks for that. The Ben vid made me smile.....Jorg is just much too smooth :p
 Smelly Fox 02 Mar 2016
In reply to abarro81:

Ha! That's brilliant, I hadn't seen that before! Rad!
 markalmack 02 Mar 2016
In reply to AP Melbourne:

I was there when this was filmed. He almost set off climbing without his hat, but then realised, and so put it on - I'm assuming for his sponsors. It was a really hot day, and he was only climbing it for the camera. I think he actually sent the route a couple of days later when the temperature went down...

Why are all these pro climbers so serious? i thought it was supposed to be fun!
 Wft 02 Mar 2016
In reply to markalmack:

You can keep your fun if I'm getting a free holiday (and a free hat)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...