UKC

Old climbing shoe charity?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Booth 29 Feb 2016
Hi, I have loads of old climbing shoes that I want to get rid of. rather than throw them all does anybody know of any charities that give old climbing shoes to?
Some are pretty worn out, some aren't that bad.

Cheers, Ed
 ro8x 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Ed Booth:

me too!
 Babika 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Ed Booth:

I suspect if you badged this as "Free - climbing shoes" you would find a taker.....

You could try Freecycle as well - I have got rid of astonishing things via that and at least they're picked up at your door!
 timjones 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Ed Booth:

Hi Ed

We are a Scout activity team that are on the lookout for climbing shoes if you still have them.

Regards

Tim
OP Ed Booth 29 Feb 2016
In reply to timjones:

where are you based Tim, i don't want to incur any costs to get rid of them but if you want them they are yours, i have 5 or 6 pairs ( i have chucked a few more since posting this thread since they were completely knackered) which you are welcome to if you can arrange to get them some how.

Cheers Ed
 wert 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Ed Booth:

I have 2 pairs of size 10 Evolv Bandits, 1 Red Chilli size 10 and 1 pair Five Ten Anasazi LV size 6.
All worn but still useable. Free to a good home anywhere near Manchester.
 ro8x 01 Mar 2016
In reply to timjones:

Hi Tim.

mail me your address and i'll post some out to you!
In reply to Ed Booth:

My old ones would be no good to anyone - unless they wanted to use them as biological weapons!
In reply to Ed Booth:
http://www.urbanuprising.co.uk/ Urban Uprising send used gear to Rio for kids from the Favelas to use.
Post edited at 14:44
 galpinos 01 Mar 2016
In reply to timjones:

I have a variety of old boots that I'll happily pass on if you still want some?
 flopsicle 01 Mar 2016
In reply to Ed Booth:

I thought of setting up a charity for old climbing shoes, somewhere they would be loved and could experience the luxury of carpet and perhaps velour.

It distresses me to see such poor misshapen shoes, some with untreated holes, some with unstitched splits and a few that have LITERALLY had their very substance scraped away in the service of their owners 'fun'. These poor soles can find themselves lain upside down in a bin, languishing unloved as 'spares' at the bottom of over stuffed kit bags or (you may wish to stop reading at this point) given to novice teens. To see these dignified and aged, once proud, foot wear loaded (loosely!) onto a hairy teenage foot and then battered without mercy up meaningless ascents, as if no more than scruffy nikes, well it's horrific!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no extremist, I understand that, done professionally, removing a sole and replacing it with a new one can offer years more of a full and active life - but is there really ever a need for any Tom Dick or Harry to use puncture repair kits?

I see a world where old climbing shoes are loved, where odd shoes can once again find another shoe, where children bring their 'never worn out' shoes to experience the wisdom and appreciate they were blessed to be made small.

I'm sure there are others out there who would sponsor and old shoe or two, receiving regular updates of course and perhaps for the younger, fitter shoes adoption would be an option, but ONLY after the candidate has mastered 'silent feet' and agrees to return the shoes when they need to retire.

Remember they have soles!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...