UKC

More Caffeeine - Help with Machine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Silvering 04 Mar 2016
Hello, I'm a lurker reading the forums, today I came out of the dark to ask for some advice on coffee machines. I really like to have a caffeine boost on my veins before I start my climbing but I'm fed up with instant coffee as it is almost puke inducing. I've found DeLonghi Magnifica S to be a good machine - perhaps - and I even found it on promo sale (is this reliable btw? : http://www.stellacoffees.com/best-espresso-machine-under-1000-dollars/ ) to make the temptation worseI'- but I would like some advice from someone who has one of those as well as anyone who believes I could do a better choice? Thank you in advance.
 MattIrwin 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

Aero Press. you can't go wrong.
In reply to Silvering:

An AeroPress was on of our Xmas presents. Close to a life changing experience if you like coffee.
Off the OP, there's a stainless filter available for it. How is it compared to the paper versions?
 mark burley 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

The received wisdom from coffee "experts" is stay away from bean to cup and you can get better for that money. If you are determined to splash out then think something like rancillio Silvia and grinder for espresso based drinks but Aeropress does make a nice filter coffee.
At least that makes something for your flask.
 BnB 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

Can't believe you're all taking this click bait seriously. Blatant advertising.
 Mark Harding 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

I've found DeLonghi Magnifica S to be a good machine - perhaps - and I even found it on promo sale (is this reliable btw? : http://www.stellacoffees.com/best-espresso-machine-under-1000-dollars/ ) to make the temptation worseI'- but I would like some advice from someone who has one of those as well as anyone who believes I could do a better choice? Thank you in advance.

I've had a DeLonghi Magnifica S for over two years, it's used every day and I've never had any problems. A good choice.

arctickev 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

gaggia twin from coffeitalia.co.uk its a giveaway for a decent quality machine, they bought a load before christmas and are now selling them off.

proper bean to cup
 skog 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

I like my Aeropress, and it saves nearly a thousand dollars. Though I tend to use pounds, most of the time, to be honest.

Does your coffee go well with ANNA Cosmetic Caviar?
 Phil Anderson 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Silvering:

I absolutely love my aeropress.

Personally I wouldn't touch that stellacoffees site with a bargepole - They use annoying stealth marketting techniques that really wind me up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...