UKC

Ryanair Check in via App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 04 Mar 2016
Has anyone used this before?

I've just gone to check into my flights over the next 3 weeks but there is now a 7 day before rule unless you pay for a seat.

As I'll be in Spain with no access to a computer, I'll have to try and use the app.

Do you just put your details into the app and show that at the gate? Just want to make sure it's all okay before I get stung for not checking in properly or something...
 gav 04 Mar 2016
In reply to James Malloch:

You'll have to find wifi or use mobile data to do the "checkin" on your phone in Spain during the 7 day period.
OP James Malloch 04 Mar 2016
In reply to gav:

That part is fine - I get free data via the Three network in spain. Just wanted to make sure it's all as it appears. I just put the details in on the app and I don't need anything like a computer or printer to get the onward flights.

The check-in system works fine, although we ended up with four check-ins on the same phone which was a bit of a faff.

Gav is correct, you do need to find a data connection when on your trip since you can't check in that far in advance. But that is usually easier than finding a printer if you wanted to do the paper version.

Alan
OP James Malloch 04 Mar 2016
In reply to gav:

Brilliant - thanks for the help both!
 andy 04 Mar 2016

I always check in via an airlines app if I can as it usually means you can get the boarding pass on your phone - I find it bizarre you can fly literally round the world using just a mobile phone but you have to have a little bit of orange and green cardboard to go from Skipton to Bingley (not if you're prepared to do the entire journey in the bog, as quite a few youths seem happy to do to save about £2.50).
Removed User 04 Mar 2016
In reply to andy:

I've used online tickets on the train via phone before?
 mrphilipoldham 04 Mar 2016

I used the app for Ryanair check in whenever I fly with them. Occasionally it's given me priority boarding at no cost!
 andy 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Removed User:

I think it's only certain train companies and you have to book direct - we have a "highly efficient" travel desk who charge us twelve quid to book a ticket and you can only get cardboard ones from the station.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...