UKC

Best routes to get good photos at Stanage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 23 Mar 2016
Off to Stanage and Froggatt on Good Friday. I don,t get down to the peak very often and am after some advise from the locals on routes at Stanage/froggatt that have good photo potental, i dont mind hanging from a ab rope to get a good shot. So any ideas.
 Mick Ward 23 Mar 2016
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Quietus.

Mick
 Andrew Lodge 23 Mar 2016

Queersville
 deacondeacon 23 Mar 2016

Not to be taken away/ careless torque is really photogenic. As well as the Archangel Arête behind it. Quietus as Mick has said, as well as Flying Buttress Direct.
Are you looking more for landscape type shots or action shots? You could do worse than looking at the stanage logbook pages on here and see which photos you'd like to try and replicate. Every route worth snapping at Stanage will have a photo already up on Ukc.

My personal advice would be go to Bamford. It's only a three minute drive from Stanage (then a ten minute walk). Every route is photogenic with some of the best views in the Peak in the background. You also won't get so many people getting into shot, as Stanage will be very busy this weekend if it's dry.
Post your shots up here next week
 deacondeacon 23 Mar 2016

http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/item.html?crag=87&route=Gargoyle+Flake

It's pretty much impossible to take a bad photo of this route
In reply to deacondeacon:

Like the Bamford idea think i might sub that for Froggatt. Have already looked through the images from stanage on ukc i do like to do some reserch myself. Will probably go for a more landscape shot of routes as i dont think someone who does not know you would like the idea of someone hanging from a ab rope while they gibber on the crux of a route at there limit, that said if you dont ask if they would not mind you snaping them from a ab rope you will never know. Cheers for all the ideas and keep them coming.
In reply to deacondeacon:

I,v just checked out the images in the Bamford section of ukc and although i have climbed there before a few times i,d forgotten how good it was and it looks like you can get better shots of more routes than at Froggatt. Looks like Stanage and Bamford it is then.
 deacondeacon 23 Mar 2016

Froggatt has Strapadictomy which is obviously brilliant but not much else, and you may not get anyone on it all day. Also the scenery just isn't as good imo.
 gethin_allen 23 Mar 2016

Chequers buttress is pretty photogenic.

Really though, most routes could make for good photos if the photographer is doing the right things with the camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...