UKC

reburbished ink cartridges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 03 Apr 2016

Anyone use refurbished ink cartridges bought from the internet.
I have a canon printer which most of the time doesn't see that much use and isn't used for anything that needs top quality printing .
previously I had a Kodak for which the ink was very reasonable but a poorly thought out impulse buy has left me with a very expensive to run printer now.
the grandkids are using it for a school project among other things and I went for a pack of ink today to find it had went up to 56 bucks. yep that's 56 flipping bucks.For ink!
nearly keeled over in currys.
anyway its either change the printer or find a cheaper source for the ink.
just wondered if anyone uses the refurbished ones you can buy for less that half the price online and could recommend any particular site. thanks.
Post edited at 20:12
 GridNorth 03 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

I refill my cartridges. You can buy the ink on line and you just need a few cheap syringes, one for each colour, to inject the ink into the old cartridges. My printer reports an error but I just ignore it and continue to print. I've been doing this for 2 or 3 years now.

Al
Jim C 03 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Do you not need to top up very regularly to stop internal sponges drying out.( rather than wait until they run out before topping up)
 markAut 03 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

I had a succession of inkjet printers, all used infrequently. They used more ink cleaning the heads than they ever did printing. Few years back I bit the bullet and got a colour laser multifunction job and have found it to be worth every penny. Toner isn't cheap, a couple of hundred quid for a full set of cartridges, but they last for years. Print quality isn't quite as good as an inkjet but is fine for the kids homework, and the cost per print means we can print as much as we like.
m0unt41n 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:
Yes used them for years. Work very well only had 2 duff cartridges in last two years and I go through loads. Been getting from Print forget exact price but just over £1 per cartridge free post. I have a Canon all in one printer

Quality is very good even photos on photo paper.
Edit. PRINK not Print
2nd Edit Check the prices (on any online site) you will be amazed
Post edited at 07:49
 GridNorth 04 Apr 2016
In reply to Jim C:

No idea. I just top up when the colour starts to fade. I've never had any problems and it's a very cheap way of doing it.

Al
m0unt41n 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

..... and I went for a pack of ink today to find it had went up to 56 bucks. yep that's 56 flipping bucks.For ink!

Either Nicola has just declared fiscal independence and borrowed a truck load of dollars or you really do mean West of Scotland in your profile.

stubbed 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

Yes use them often. My printer shows an error and tells me off but I don't see any difference in print quality.
However I'm not convinced they last as long but I have nothing really to base this on.
 ByEek 04 Apr 2016
In reply to markAut:

I was the same but we recently bought an HP printer for £30. I was then bowled away by the fact that the black refil was only £14 which compared to ladt inkjet where refills were £40, I think was very good.
OP buzby 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

thanks for all the info , think I will try out some of the cheaper ones online .
 johncook 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

For that much money you can buy a new printer/scanner complete with ink!
 johncook 04 Apr 2016
In reply to ByEek:

Try currys own brand carts for HP, 1/2 the price.
 digby 04 Apr 2016
In reply to buzby:

I get cartridges from http://www.cartridgediscount.co.uk/ which work fine and are MUCH cheaper!
m0unt41n 04 Apr 2016
In reply to digby:

Never understood why anyone would buy say a set of Canon cartridge at £55 when on the Web they are £6.90 with free postage and work just as well
In reply to stubbed:
I have bought re-manufactured cartridges for a cheap HP printer and got the error message but managed to continue printing, however recently I installed one and the printer refused to recognise that a cartridge was installed. No end of effort solved this and I had to ditch it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...