UKC

Extreme Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 12 Apr 2016
I understand that this publication is out of print and worth quite a lot of money but before I commit to a premier post can it really be worth in excess of £150.00?

Al
 felt 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

I wouldn't bother. Whenever the topic comes up on here I dangle my mint copy in front of everyone at a £250 "price point" and have never had the slightest whiff of interest...
OP GridNorth 12 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

Cheers that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. It goes to prove theory is one thing practice is quite another.

Al
 Babika 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

No.
 Chris Harris 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Had a look on the 'bay to see what copies were going for these days.

Item 391374009909

Unless I've missed something, the seller had it "Buy it now", post free, for £2.04. If so, someone got a bargain.

Pedro50 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Going back 5 or more years several did go on ebay for sums in excess of £150 but I never look any more. I guess a listing on ebay would be cheaper than a premier post
OP GridNorth 12 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

I was offered more than £200 on this very Forum a few years ago, perhaps I missed my opportunity

Al
 felt 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

You most certainly did.

The thing is that I'd be very happy to get rid of my copy.

1. because it doesn't interest me in the slightest.
2. because with its spine on my bookshelf it looks as if I'm into Death Metal or Funeral Doom (I had to look this one up) or something awful like that, which couldn't be further from the truth, my idea of heaven being Hawaiian pedal steel from the 1950s.
 Macca_7 12 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

Id be happy to purchase it for £50 if its in reasonable condition and you want to get rid of it.

PM me if that interests you.

Cheers

Macca
 felt 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Macca_7:

Thanks for the offer, but it's in mint condition and I couldn't possible accept less than I would need a premier post to advertise it correctly.
 EddInaBox 12 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

> ...my idea of heaven being Hawaiian pedal steel from the 1950s.

Just for you:
https://www.1stdibs.com/art/photography/landscape-photography/slim-aarons-s...
 jon_gill1 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Its a shame its worth so much as I've been after a copy for years but at those prices it could pay for my flight and share of car hire and fuel to verdon at the weekend!best to keep things in perspective from my end!hope you sell it to someone who would appreciate it though.
 pec 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

There's one on ebay at the moment with 3 bids on it, currently at £79. Follow the bidding, it goes in 2 days and see what it goes for.
 Martin Hore 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

I was going to bequeath mine to my nephews (no children) but I don't want to push them over the inheritance tax limit!

Martin
 woppo 12 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

sold my mint copy to someone in Aus for £250 about 5 years ago, bought lumicycle mtb lights and got more fun out of them than the book (nice as it is!). no regrets even though lights worn out.
 felt 13 Apr 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Thanks. In the spirit of the thread I'll offer you fifty quid tops.
OP GridNorth 13 Apr 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Just for the record, I'm not "wanting" to get rid of it but for offers of over £150 I would be willing to consider selling.

Al
 pec 15 Apr 2016
In reply to pec:

> There's one on ebay at the moment with 3 bids on it, currently at £79. Follow the bidding, it goes in 2 days and see what it goes for. >

Went for £104.50 if that's any help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...