UKC

Mr Cuddles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Green 26 Apr 2016
 deacondeacon 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Tom Green:

That looks brilliant!
 jon 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Tom Green:

> I know E8 has been superseded by E12 and all that...

Yes, sadly I think you'll find that anything less than E15 or 9c+ isn't deemed newsworthy by some site users.
OP Tom Green 26 Apr 2016
In reply to jon:

And yet the last few days have seen two headline stories featuring repeats of another E8.

Which I have no problem with, as I find that interesting too (iconic climb, great history, THAT video, etc), but I'd love to hear a bit more about the new Cumbrian E8 as well.
In reply to Tom Green:
> it's a ... cool name!

It brought this to mind. I have no link to the organisation concerned but if you want a different job title, chief wombat cuddler must be about as different as you can get.

http://www.recruitmentgrapevine.com/article/2016-03-31-wanted-chief-wombat-...

T.

Edit: the link, which is genuine and was working fine earlier on, seems to have crashed under the weight of aspirant wombat cuddlers. Try again tomorrow, perhaps.
Post edited at 19:28
 deepsoup 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Tom Green:
> I'd love to know more about it -it's a great looking line and cool name!

Normally I'd leave it at a 'like', but this time I'll add a 'me too'!
OP Tom Green 28 Apr 2016
In reply to Tom Green:

Never mind, maybe we'll find out more about it when some famouses repeat it in a few years time!

It's funny what catches people's imagination... A repeat of something well known and climbed quite a few times before obviously has a lot of appeal. A new route of the same standard in a relatively unexplored spot doesn't seem to provoke the same excitement. I'd have thought it would be the other way around!

Greasy Prusiks 28 Apr 2016
In reply to jon:

Yeah I agree. I'm much more interested in a new 3 star route whatever the grade than a rubbish Esomethingstupid.
 RyanOsborne 28 Apr 2016
In reply to Tom Green:

Definitely more interested to hear about that than this:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=640447

aln 28 Apr 2016
In reply to RyanOsborne:

I'm interested in hearing about all three.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...