UKC

Car accident mid wales on good friday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 philmorris 01 May 2016
I was involved in a serious accident on good friday (25 march). Two cars were written off, 5 people were injured from minor bruising to fairly serious impacts but the driver (aged 45ish) who caused the accident, having stopped and admitted fault, drove off in the confusion.
The accident happened on the A470 between Mallwyd and Cemmaes, the offending driver was heading south towards Machynlleth and Aberystwyth or Caersws and Rhayader. We can't be sure if he came from the direction of Welshpool or Dolgellau. The car was a pale (possibly green) mondeo. The police have been checking cctv but there is a sad lack of this in the rural area involved.
The mondeo impacted with a black car, lost the drivers door mirror (later found under our car) and must have had some damage and possibly black paint on the offside panels. The car will no doubt have been mended by now but someone will know this car and someone mended it.
It's a long shot but if anyone can help, please contact the police in Newtown (01267 222020) or reply to this post.
Having struggled with recovery from trauma and injury over the last few weeks all those injured are thinking that this man needs to be brought to justice.
Phil Morris
 marsbar 01 May 2016
In reply to philmorris:

Have you also posted this on Facebook? Hope it gets sorted for you.
Moley 01 May 2016
In reply to philmorris:

I do hope he is found. It may be slow - Newtown was the station I worked out of for many years, so I know how it goes - but have faith someone will have the file and be plugging away, very slowly!
Obviously nobody had a number plate? They may be able to narrow things down with the ANPR cameras on the main roads by cross referencing the information they have, I imaging this would take time and work.
Good luck, there are so many accidents on those roads and so many idiot impatient drivers, I used to see them every day on the roads and one reason I hated cycling, I didn't trust the morons not to kill me. Sad.
OP philmorris 01 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

We are in contact with the PC who is working on this but I guess he can only look in his spare time. The other car driver (also not at fault) has been working at locating cctv on possible routes to the accident. No luck as yet.
I'm now a great fan of lateral and curtain air bags which may have saved my life.
Thanks for the replies.
 Greasy Prusiks 01 May 2016
In reply to philmorris:

Bump. Wish you a fast recovery.
Moley 01 May 2016
In reply to philmorris:

It could be long winded, the PC may be checking all ANPR cameras in the timeframe, then narrowing down the number plates to match the possible car colour/make descriptions. Would then have to send requests to other forces (anywhere in UK) to make enquiries of those particular vehicle owners.
That's only a guess as to how it may go. Just loads of sitting at desk and computer doing paperwork. Trouble is he will also have 5 other case files on the go and meant to be "out on the beat" somewhere and responding to calls.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...