UKC

Climbing holiday insurance post cancer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
alikj 03 May 2016

Does anyone know of a travel insurance company that offers affordable sports cover (climbing skiiing etc) for people with medical history?

I've just finished cancer treatment and am now a cancer free zone but my normal sports cover company won't touch me with a barge pole .

Many thanks

Ali
Post edited at 16:07
 colinakmc 03 May 2016
In reply to alikj:
Have a look at the Austrian Alpine Club cover which is basically about MR costs - helicopter etc. Leaving your EH111 to take the rest of the strain (provided you're in the EU) (oops, we might not be.....)

Don't think the AAC ask any health related questions - worth checking.

Good luck.
In reply to alikj:

If you don't get any specific advice here you could always try contacting BIBA or any of the companies mentioned at the bottom of this link http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-prac...

astley007 03 May 2016
In reply to alikj:

Hi
Just want to say "Well done" on your battle with the big C, hope you have a long and postive outcome for many years.
Cheers
Nick B
alikj 03 May 2016
In reply to alikj:

Thanks guys- most helpful...

ALi
 MarkDavies36 05 May 2016
In reply to alikj:

Last year when my wife was having chemo' we bought two lots which didn't end up much more expensive. We went with Snowcard for the climbing etc cover and these www.freespirittravelinsurance.com for anything which was as a result of the cancer/treatment.

We were just honest with both lots and they were each happy to offer the cover that the other provider didn't. I made sure to ring and have a conversation about what cover was and wasn't included (as well as date/time/person) so that in the event of a query I would have a recorded conversation to fall back onto.

Hope this helps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...