UKC

DLOG's - Via Ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 razzorbuzz 05 May 2016
Hi guys

Just a quick question, I am in the process of updating my DLOG for ILM assessment. Do people log Via Ferrata and if so where? I know its out side remit but I feel it gives a good overall picture of mountain awareness and skill sets and would be worth logging.

Thanks for the help

Toerag 05 May 2016
In reply to razzorbuzz:

I'd log it for the reasons you've suggested, and many VF have lots of unprotected sections that you'd log if it wasn't a VF if you know what I mean.
 Andy Say 05 May 2016
In reply to razzorbuzz:

Its worth logging them - especially as the IML requires work on 'equipped paths'.

But I haven't a clue how you do that easily on DLOG!
 Jenny Dart 05 May 2016
In reply to razzorbuzz:

I'm struggling with this as well. I'm finding the DLog quite uncooperative on the whole when trying to input areas outside the UK.

Have you managed to get hold of anyone at MT? Would be interested in the result! Thanks!
 Andy Say 05 May 2016
In reply to Jenny Dart:
Depends on the area and the activity. If you try to add a scramble in Iran you will get to a page with your logged scrambles shown on a map. Just above the map will be something that says 'to see all areas linked to this activity click here' or something similar. Click on that and you might find that Iran IS listed as a scrambling area. Just click on the marker....

If it isn't then email Mountain Training and they will be able to add the area and link it to the activity. For example I suggested that the Czech Republic sandstone routes were proper trad despite having the odd bolt and they quickly added trad climbing to sport climbing as activities linked to that area.
Post edited at 18:53
 Andy Say 12 May 2016
In reply to razzorbuzz:

Found it!

Get into 'Alpine Climbing' and one of the 'styles' of ascent available is 'via ferrata'.

Hope that helps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...