UKC

High Rocks Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DampRice 10 May 2016
Does anyone know about the situation regarding bouldering at High Rocks currently? I understood that they had limited it to just Wednesdays and Thursdays but looking at their website it appears there may now well be an outright ban? Is this the case?

I understand it is a private location and they have the right to do what the hell they want but it would be a massive shame to lose some of the problems there.
 emmaharrington Global Crag Moderator 11 May 2016
In reply to DampRice:
It's a bit complicated. As it's on private land we have to respect their wishes. Locals have negotiated long and hard and have come to an agreement so climbing can continue. Climbing is still allowed but it's restricted. Please follow the rules so climbing can continue for everyone.

Looking at the High Rocks website it does say bouldering is 'not allowed at any time'. However this was not originally agreed. I will have a look into this.

Check out SouthernSandstoneClimbs.co.uk for the original agreement and updates:
http://www.southernsandstoneclimbs.co.uk/2015/06/high-rocks-rules-entrance-...

Post edited at 14:35
 Trangia 11 May 2016
In reply to all:

Thanks Emma

To everyone the access situation a High Rocks has been an ongoing problem for decades and more than once we have come close to the owner(s) imposing an outright and permanent ban on climbing/bouldering.

So please, please do respect the rules and restrictions set out in Emma's post.

It would be a terrible shame if this facility is lost to climbers in the South East,
OP DampRice 11 May 2016
In reply to emmaharrington:

Definitely would only ever climb within their rules, they own the land they can decide how it is best used. Just seemed a bit out of the blue and wondered if it was a bit of miscommunication and the bouldering is still allowed during the week as it was recently. Also how does this affect people who bought season passes but mainly boulder?
 Trangia 12 May 2016
In reply to DampRice:

Oh dear!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=641415

This is a worrying development.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...