UKC

Newcastle FC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 11 May 2016
Oh dear,
utter nightmare of a season.
Also, didn't expect Villa to go down Norwich, well didn't think they would stay up.
What will the toon do now? Keep Benitez if they can and get rid of some or most of their utter rubbish non committed players.
 felt 11 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

Gutted for Ashley.
Clauso 11 May 2016
In reply to felt:

> Gutted for Ashley.

He will no doubt be crying into his champagne... Poor f*cker.
jameshh 11 May 2016
In reply to Denni:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_cap...

Bigger than stamford bridge and stilll getting relegated
In reply to Denni:

To quote a tweet I read on Michael Caley's feed (noted stats guru), "in the Stadium of Light director's box there's an old portrait that keeps getting relegated".
Clauso 11 May 2016
In reply to jameshh:

> Bigger than stamford bridge and stilll getting relegated

By that logic, they're no doubt favourites to win the Championship, huh?
In reply to Clauso:

As a Leeds fan I can say with utter certainty that a big stadium helps a team escape from the Championsh... oh god ...... no!!!
Lusk 11 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

Should've hired Big Sam!
Clauso 11 May 2016
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

> As a Leeds fan I can say with utter certainty that a big stadium helps a team escape from the Championsh... oh god ...... no!!!

Never fear. Your phoenix will rise again!...

Once you get absorbed into the Manc-Merseyside entente cordiale that is driving the Northern Powerhouse
 bouldery bits 11 May 2016
In reply to felt:

> Gutted for Ashley.

I am sadly gutted for the Newcastle fans. the NorthEast lives football and what has happened to the Mags on Ashley's watch is very sad.
Having said that I have a soft spot for Sunderland so between the two I'm glad Big Sam got the job done.
 The New NickB 11 May 2016
In reply to felt:

> Gutted for Ashley.

A good season for Spurs, but definitely a missed opportunity!
 Chris the Tall 11 May 2016
In reply to Lusk:

> Should've hired Big Sam!

Sorry to Sunderland fans, but as long as he's manager I'll never be unhappy when they lose

(That'll get me banned from the Works, although I suspect Graeme is too busy celebrating!)
In reply to Chris the Tall:

As you know I have a long memory. So maybe one day the staff will say "I am sorry Mr The Tall but you are barred", it won't be tomorrow or next week or even next month but who knows when it will kick in.

Anyway as a juxto to the limerick thread, robbed from BBC Sport website

"It's been a bad year for the Toon,

Their season was over too soon,

They sacked their old gaffer,

And brought in that Rafa,

Who'll surely be leaving in June."
 Roadrunner5 12 May 2016
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Sunderland fans must feel badly for Colback..
In reply to Roadrunner5:

Not sure if this statement is real but funny as f&ck in the circumstances

"He is alleged to have said: “It wasn’t a difficult decision. Sunderland are always battling relegation.

"Newcastle are a stable club, and we can fight for the top 4 with a couple of decent additions.

"I have absolutely no intention of playing in the Championship, and that’s why I’m joining Newcastle.

"I’ll get booed at the Stadium of Light, but if Sunderland carry on the way they are, I won’t have play there again for a while.”

TV presenter Corden has rubbed salt into the midfielder’s fresh wounds by digging up Colback’s 'statement'. "

Lusk 12 May 2016
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Two out of four ain't that bad.
He made the wonga decision though!
 Pekkie 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:
Sorry to be churlish but congratulations to the smoggies on their promotion. A boro fan naturally has low expectations but every once in a while things turn out for the best. Champion!
 Babika 12 May 2016
In reply to Pekkie:

Yeah, I'm pleased that the north east will still have two Premiership clubs.

I'm also looking forward to Villa and NUFC turning up at Burton Albion for a match. Hardly seems possible, but such is life.
In reply to Denni:

The only good thing about it is that living in Lancashire means that I can go and see the Toon at my local grounds - Preston, Blackburn and Wigan, and it wont cost me a fortune to do so!
Lusk 13 May 2016
In reply to Pekkie:

And Burnley back as champions!
Just need Leeds to sort themselves out now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...