UKC

Back for more Excel help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cfer 12 May 2016
Back again for more help with excel- I really must do a course of some sort to learn these things but always get great answers and help from here

So the problem I have(I think its an easier one)

I have an order download file from a French online marketplace(C-Discount) our WMS wont download the orders automatically so we have to prepare a csv file for upload

I would like to pull the required data from the C-Discount excel order file and populate the order upload file I have.

Is it an easy one to do? Macro or V/H lookup?

Any help would be great and would save me from copying and pasting data
KevinD 12 May 2016
In reply to cfer:

How standardised are these?
Personally I would probably go the macro route but I tend to use code first by preference.
I think external workbook references might do the job for you possibly with lookups depending on the complexity.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-external-reference-link-...
OP cfer 12 May 2016
In reply to KevinD:

They are exactly the same each time

The C-Discount one has lots of fields in but I only need data pulling from about 6 fields and putting onto another sheet
KevinD 12 May 2016
In reply to cfer:

Are you summing up the fields or do anything fancy or is it just straight references?
OP cfer 12 May 2016
In reply to KevinD:

No summing

Its literally taking an order number, name, address, product SKU and qty and putting onto a another sheet

elsewhere 12 May 2016
In reply to cfer:

> No summing

> Its literally taking an order number, name, address, product SKU and qty and putting onto a another sheet

Mouse select those 5 columns with CTRL key pressed down, CTRL+C and CTRL+V into new sheet

I've not recorded an Excel macro for years but if you look for "record macro" in the Excel help it seems you can still do it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...