UKC

rejected van insurance - how can i find out why?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BedRock 26 May 2016
Trying to renew my van insurance (its mid conversion).
Rang adrian flux who said i'd failed their check so cant offer me any insurance. But they cant tell me why. Is there any way I can find out why? both my old driving convictions were declared, and all modification on van declared. I am really worried what is in my history that is so bad I cant get van insurance!
In reply to BedRock: I used to use them for my van and their latest quote was £150 more than "2gether insurance" so I just ditched them. When I told them why I was leaving they immediately managed to match the quote but with a higher excess. I'm not too convinced by them any more.

I'd ask to speak to a manager and just be politely but grimly persistent.

Mooncat 26 May 2016
In reply to BedRock:

If they absolutely refuse send a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act, they're obliged to send all the info they hold about you
 balmybaldwin 26 May 2016
In reply to BedRock:

Check your credit score using experian or similar.

Also clarify with them whether they are official refusing you insurance or merely unwilling to quote (this is a major difference) they can refuse to quote for any manner of reason - you fall outside the age bracket they are willing to insure for example, they may have changed their view of the vehicle you are insuring for example (perhaps they've seen bad claims as a result of one of your mods that they have now decided is not worth them insuring). However if they are refusing you insurance then they consider you or the object you are insuring an insurance risk - normally associated with a fraudulent claim, other criminal actions, or insolvency (hence check your credit score)

As stated above. They are obliged to give you all information they hold on you if you do a data subject access request. However they do not have to tell you how they use it or reasons behind decisions made based on it.
OP BedRock 27 May 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Thanks very much for all your answers. Will try what's mentioned, but have managed to get insurance quotes from elsewhere, so seems to be AdrianFlux specific.

Thanks again for the replies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...