UKC

Which problem on Bullworker boulder - Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hillseeker 31 May 2016

Could anyone give clarification as to what I climbed last Friday. It was on the Bullworker boulder, around to the right from what this guy does:

youtube.com/watch?v=lWcj1Jll1_I&

From a standing start, left hand in undercut/layaway right hand in similar so arms spread apart and right foot on a little block at the base of the boulder. |Then pull on and right heel hook and pull over onto this more or less. Is this Bullworker itself? Seemed a bit too easy the way I did it.

Don't have a bouldering guide so just curious about what the grade might have been.
Thanks.
Post edited at 17:31
Ysgo 31 May 2016
In reply to Hillseeker:

Bullworker is essentially the left arete of the slab, climbed on the overhanging left hand side. You use something out left for your left hand. Could be an undercut, can't remember.
 galpinos 31 May 2016
In reply to Hillseeker:

Bullworker is this:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/113...

Start left hand where his is, right in the chalked horizontal crack on the right arete, left foot smear in one of the feint dishes. Compress (hence the name) and but right heel on, work right hand up arete (or go direct if you can) to the big jug (just above the right hand in the photo).

It's then traditional to make a mess of the top out as it's difficult to see your feet.
 dr_botnik 31 May 2016
In reply to galpinos:

This is probably one of the shittest problems, on one of the shittest boulders at stanage. Do not recommend.
OP Hillseeker 01 Jun 2016
In reply to galpinos:

Thanks, this was what I did.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...