UKC

ITV Referendum debate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Having a referendum debate without Farage is utterly pointless. He is the best exit speaker by light years.
DC
 MonkeyPuzzle 09 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

He certainly speaks from his exit.
 GrahamD 09 Jun 2016

> Having a referendum debate without Farage is utterly pointless. He is the best exit speaker by light years.

> DC

Rather says all you need to know about the exit campaign. Their best speaker is an unelected racist.
 Pekkie 09 Jun 2016

> Having a referendum debate without Farage is utterly pointless. He is the best exit speaker by light years.

You usually come across as a reasonable and intelligent person on here. Yet you think that a saloon bar bore is a good speaker.

Big Ger 09 Jun 2016

There prize examples on the trot of the negative, "play the man not the ball" insulting approach of the "Remain" campaign.
 Pekkie 09 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> There prize examples on the trot of the negative, "play the man not the ball" insulting approach of the "Remain" campaign.

Have you just come in from the pub?
In reply to GrahamD:
> Rather says all you need to know about the exit campaign. Their best speaker is an unelected racist.
What about playing the ball and not the man? I'm pretty sure he is not a racist. Accusing anyone you don't know of being a racist kind of reveals ignorance and intolerance and perhaps overt prejudice.
In reply to Pekkie:
> You usually come across as a reasonable and intelligent person on here. Yet you think that a saloon bar bore is a good speaker.
I think I know a good presenter and speaker when I hear one.
 Pekkie 09 Jun 2016

> I think I know a good presenter and speaker when I hear one.

Well, let's leave it there. That's your opinion.
 EddInaBox 09 Jun 2016

> What about playing the ball and not the man?

We can't play the ball, it's buried under the biggest heap of bullshit in the known universe!
pasbury 10 Jun 2016

Isn't that what you've just not done though. Have a cup of tea. From India.
Post edited at 00:08
 drunken monkey 10 Jun 2016

The two best speakers last night (for me anyway) - were Nicola Sturgeon on the remain side, and Gisele Stuart on the Leave side.

The rest was just drivel - in particular, Eagles and Johnson.
 GrahamD 10 Jun 2016

By naming Nigel Farage as your best speaker, you brought the man into it - not me.
 rogerwebb 10 Jun 2016
In reply to drunken monkey:

I thought Gisela Stuart outperformed them all. Which from my point of view is depressing.
 drunken monkey 10 Jun 2016
In reply to rogerwebb:

She was very good. Angela Eagles in particular was terrible - and I've voted remain.
 rogerwebb 10 Jun 2016

> I've voted remain.

Good man
 nufkin 10 Jun 2016

> I've voted remain

Already? What if Farage wins you over in the next two weeks?
 MonkeyPuzzle 10 Jun 2016
In reply to nufkin:

Suicide?
 krikoman 10 Jun 2016

> Accusing anyone you don't know of being a racist kind of reveals ignorance and intolerance and perhaps overt prejudice.

I'm going all out Godwin's here if only to prove a point. ( I bet that's what they all say )

I never met Hitler but I think he was probably racist, at least a little.

Same goes for Tommy Robinson, although he's someone I COULD meet, I don't think I'll bother just to prove he's a racist wanker.

In reply to rogerwebb:

> I thought Gisela Stuart outperformed them all.

Ah, a German arguing Britain should leave the EU. Interesting. Is that so we can stop all those Europeans coming over here freely...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisela_Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...