UKC

Pistorius, again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 15 Jun 2016
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

Apparently he deserves a less severe prison sentence because prison isn't very nice.
OP Denni 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

It is an atrocious situation. Fame and no doubt money will see him right, lenient sentence and thats that.
Hope I'm wrong....
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

The more I think about the more I think he's a pathetic excuse for a human being. I feel so sorry for Reeva's parents.
 JEF 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

> It is an atrocious situation. Fame and no doubt money will see him right, lenient sentence and thats that.

> Hope I'm wrong....

What? You think he'll stump up?

I'll get my coat.

Greasy Prusiks 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

I don't understand how he could be innocent.

Even if his story is true he still shot someone (clearly he had no idea who) on purpose and it wasn't in self defence. To me that's still murder.
abseil 15 Jun 2016
In reply to MaxJEF:

> What? You think he'll stump up? ... I'll get my coat.

It's a flash in the pan.

I'll get MY coat.
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I followed the case quite closely at the original trial, and as I recall there were various categories of manslaughter / murder he could be found guilty of, and they had S African legal experts explaining them. I think he was originally found guilty of the least severe category, but listening to the judge's reasoning I couldn't work out why she didn't find him guilty of the category he's since been found guilty of on appeal.
 JEF 15 Jun 2016
In reply to abseil:
> It's a flash in the pan.

> I'll get MY coat.

I think you should! : )
Post edited at 20:53
Gone for good 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

There's no legs left in this story!

Gets coat and hat!!
abseil 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Gone for good:

> There's no legs left in this story! > Gets coat and hat!!

It's an open and shut case, but not really a black and white situation.
 SenzuBean 15 Jun 2016

I was pretty pist off at this whole saga - especially the limp sentence handed out!

<joins the crowd outside>
 Big Ger 15 Jun 2016

> There's no legs left in this story!

I heard he's auditioning for the role of Tarzan, he's got less chance that Dudley Moore.

Kipper 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

And my school continues removing the photos.....
 Wsdconst 16 Jun 2016
In reply to Denni:

I think it's been hard for him, I heard he'd turned to drink, infact last time I saw him he was absolutely legless.
Taxi !!
 Xharlie 16 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

As a South African, I really resent the fact that his case has burned up so much of the court's time, just because he's a Name. It should have been a rubber-stamp job.

The international press and a bunch of lawyers have really revelled in this saga but the fact remains that our courts have an immense backlog and the idea that this trial is any more important than the plights of thousands of other parties is simply absurd.

Also, tax payers are paying for that court time! I'm one of them and I'm a bloody miser. Grumble.
 Greasy Prusiks 16 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Ah OK thanks. Tbh I know very little about the legal detail of it but that would be my view of it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...