UKC

Apologies to anyone climbing on Anglesey last week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hazeysunshine 20 Jun 2016
To anyone who thought they’d have a quiet, peaceful time climbing on Anglesey last week, so sorry that you didn’t get the memo that hoards of women would be all over the crags, including Castell Helen, Wen Slab, Main Cliff, Upper Tier, Holyhead Mt. ...

Half of them were foreigners too - *tsk* "coming over here, climbing our routes..."

Report on the Pinnacle Club/ BMC Women’s International Meet coming shortly, in the meantime check out photos here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Pinnacle-Club-326413847441068/

And the BMC Instagram takeover: https://www.instagram.com/teambmc/
 GridNorth 20 Jun 2016
In reply to hazeysunshine:
Never mind all that lets get to the important question. What grade did they think Dream of White Horses is?

Al
Post edited at 17:05
 climbingpixie 20 Jun 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

About 4+

It was a cracking event and the experience of being at the crag surrounded by so many psyched women was one I really enjoyed. Getting to meet women from all over the world (including all the UK hosts) was fantastic and the week was a definite success, despite the best efforts of the Welsh weather and Welsh midges!

Only one question - when is the next one?
OP hazeysunshine 20 Jun 2016
In reply to climbingpixie:

Some of the organisers need a nice cup of tea and a lie down for a bit first ...
 climbingpixie 21 Jun 2016

Ha! Yes, I'm sure the prospect of organising another one seems fairly unappealing right now. It looked like a serious amount of work had gone into making it run so smoothly and I think everyone really appreciated it!
 keith sanders 21 Jun 2016

Just like to say what the Pinnacle club have just done by the Women's international meet was fantastic.
The 12 months or more in organising and bringing together some of the top women climbers and others from all corners of the world was a tremendous achievement in organising skill and commitment, the last one being 1984.
A shame the British weather wasn't playing ball but even so everybody did fantastic routes and a great time had by all, and am sure lots of friends made.
I felt very honoured to have been invited on the last night and felt more than welcomed, all tho a bit intimidated.
Long may the Pinnacle Club prosper.

keith s
 planetmarshall 21 Jun 2016

> To anyone who thought they’d have a quiet, peaceful time climbing on Anglesey last week, so sorry that you didn’t get the memo that hoards of women would be all over the crags, including Castell Helen, Wen Slab, Main Cliff, Upper Tier, Holyhead Mt. ...

Hah! Yes, we arrived at Castell Helen on Friday to find it under siege. Not to worry, plenty of cliff for everyone. We went to Llawder and got attacked by seabirds instead...
OP hazeysunshine 21 Jun 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Yeah the weather was so consistently rubbish in the Pass, and even at Tremadog much of the week, that rather than 50+ climbers spread out over all the N Wales crags, the only sensible option was to head over to Anglesey where it got rather crowded, especially Castell Helen and Wen Slab.

The upside of this though was that the sea cliffs really wowed the guests, most of whom had never experienced sea cliff climbing before.

As to the grade of Dream, I can only apologise on behalf of the management for failing to organise an opinion poll
 jezb1 21 Jun 2016

Met some of them on Castell Helen in Sunday, seemed like a great event
 pebbles 21 Jun 2016
In reply to jezb1:
was it dry in Anglesey on sunday? Damn! !!!
 jezb1 22 Jun 2016
In reply to pebbles:

Ooops, Saturday..!
 Babika 22 Jun 2016

Great photos on the FB site
 pebbles 22 Jun 2016
In reply to jezb1:

good - thought I'd missed a decent days climbing at the seaside! tho was somewhat surprised as forecast said anglesey would be gopping
 Alison Cairns 23 Jun 2016
In reply to pebbles:

I believe Anglesey was dry every day last week including Sunday! And I think at least 1 team (usually many more!) from the meet climbed there every day...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...