UKC

Elysium, Boulder Ruckle blog post..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 29 Jun 2016
Elysium (E1 5b)

I loved living in Swanage, but definitely had my fill of climbing on the Ruckle, it got a bit "samey" and it felt like I was pushing my luck a bit with all the loose stuff.

That new mega traverse looked great though and although I didn't have the time to get involved with that I did fancy another Ruckle hit! Elysium was a route I never got round to leading and for whatever reason I always thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.jbmountainskills.co.uk/news/2016/06/a-return-to-the-ruckle/#more...
 CurlyStevo 29 Jun 2016
In reply to jezb1:

I know what you mean about the rock and pushing your luck, its feels like the blocky nature of the crag is out to get you on the very big and small scale. If that doesn't go wrong you have the very suspect middle choss band and the top outs to contend with. I do love climbing there though!
 dan gibson 29 Jun 2016
In reply to jezb1:
I always feel that the loose rock issue is over played at Boulder Ruckle.
I've done over 50 routes in the Ruckle, and iv'e pulled off a lot more loose rock at Pembroke than I have in the Ruckle.

OP jezb1 29 Jun 2016
In reply to dan gibson:
Maybe, but it is a pretty loose crag, and big stuff comes down fairly regularly.

It remains the only place I've been properly smacked by a bit of rock.
 Ciderslider 30 Jun 2016
In reply to jezb1:

Nice one Jez - I would imagine a cruise indeed for a climber of your caliber. Good write up - can't wait to get on it myself now (if it ever stops raining).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...