UKC

Finally! A solution to Recruiters!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Xharlie 30 Jun 2016
I jumped ship a year ago, hopping aboard a Eurostar bound for the continent with everything I owned (save my bicycle, which I had previously shipped in a cardboard box) either in a suitcase by my side or in my trekking pack on my back. I now reside in Nürnberg - a city of beer and space and culture and free summer concerts and Christmas markets and (albeit tragic) history and 50 minutes from about 1100 limestone crags of the Fränkische Schweiz. Three to four hours from the Alps.

I have no intention of returning to London and angry commuters. Don't misunderstand me - England is my ancestral home and I find England's green and pleasant countryside to be truly beautiful but I am a computer programmer, a software architect, and London would be my lot.

Nevertheless, London Recruiters and their damnable automated computer programmes that scrape job-search websites for CVs (and, once having found a CV, never, ever forget it) still send me daily job postings for jobs in London, most of them irrelevant to my skill set, unbefitting of my experience level and paying way *less* than I was earning when I kicked my post to the curb and decided that life was worth more than a London salary.

Prior to last Thursday, you could say what you liked to a recruiter, they would *never* cease their shotgun approach to recruiting.

Last Friday, I emailed one, asking to be struck off their record, claiming "brexit". I got a sympathetic response and have not heard from that firm since. Finally, a cure for "recruiters" has been found.

What do you do about recruiters?
 bouldery bits 30 Jun 2016
In reply to Xharlie:

Spam filter.
 bouldery bits 30 Jun 2016
In reply to Xharlie:

Also - I'm glad your change of life has worked out. Recently taken the plunge myself (sort of) and it's going well here too. Cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...