UKC

Flodigarry parking Skye.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 03 Jul 2016
I've had a call from the crofter about climber's cars parked in the way of him getting his peats out. He says there is plenty of suitable alternative space on the opposite side of the road.
I've not parked here for years so not familiar with the layout but Skye Sea-cliffs specifically warns against doing this.
Personally I prefer the approach from the Flodigarry Hotel carpark; cross the lawn and use the made-up path down to the shore. Turn north and rise gradually without any major obstacles to be at the top of the climbing area in about 20 minutes max. Return & relax with a pint on the ramparts taking in the superb panorama down the Sound of Raasay right to the Cuillin
 Andy Nisbet 04 Jul 2016
In reply to Mike Lates:

So the hotel don't mind despite (as far as I remember) a sign saying customers only?
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Mike Lates:

Sounds like a pint or two at the end of the day would be obligatory then?
 Fishnish 05 Jul 2016
In reply to Mike Lates:

The new owners of the Flodigarry are seemingly very keen to present a "boutique retreat" feeling at the hotel and can be fairly inhospitable to those who don't fit their ideal guest profile. I've never had a problem parking there, going off and then popping in for a pint later, but it's best to remember that this is not the Slig or the Old Inn.
OP Mike Lates 14 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

It is a while since I've been so, yes, may be more of a problem. Someone could go ask?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...