UKC

NEWS: AscenDance: A Fusion of Climbing, Music and Dance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jul 2016
Isabel von Rittberg, 3 kbA video has been doing the rounds on social media recently, featuring a troupe of dancers using a climbing wall as an apparatus upon which to choreograph a dance routine, receiving over 26,000 views so far. Isabel Rittberg is the founder, artistic director and a dancer within the group AscenDance - based in Boulder, Colorado in the United States.

Read more
 jon 04 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:
I did think that this: youtube.com/watch?v=AQALhDAHHeM& was a bit more fun and not quite so deep and meaningful. Patrick Berhault and Robert Cortijo do the Blues Brothers.
Post edited at 11:25
 john arran 04 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

> deep and meaningful.
Yes that was my thought too when I failed to watch it

> Patrick Berhault and Robert Cortijo do the Blues Brothers.
Never seen that before - much more fun!

Hat Dude 04 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

The best climbing related dance I've ever seen was a bloke with rope burned hands whose cigarette had fallen out of his mouth and down the front of his shirt.
 stp 04 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

That's far more impressive. They're climbing higher, have an interesting set, and the moves (dance?) are way more athletic and difficult.
 FreshSlate 04 Jul 2016
In reply to stp:

Agree. Seemed to me more designed to entertain and is more rythmic. A general problem is that most of the time you are climbing you are facing the wall, and while they convolute ways to face the audience... it's obvious it's a convolution and 60% of the time they are facing the wall. Doesn't matter as much if you're demonstrating althetic skill and virtuosity of movement but they're much better mediums for performance art.
 teomalchio 06 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

come on! they're all jugs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...