UKC

Anti LGBT Christians want equality reversal post Brexit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 08 Jul 2016

I came across this via the British Humanist Association. I find it curious/interesting that they see the Leave vote as a vote against things they don't agree with.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/07/08/anti-lgbt-christian-activists-already-...
Post edited at 17:19
 SenzuBean 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

A more accurate headline would be "Horrible plonkers are still just that post Brexit-vote".
 Postmanpat 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

In other news "brexiters ate my hamster"
 Ridge 08 Jul 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:
> A more accurate headline would be "Horrible plonkers are still just that post Brexit-vote".

I think that pretty much sums it up. This quote from the article tells you all you need to know:

So far as we could tell, he who had presided over the dismantling, in law, of God'sfirst building block of society by introducing same-sex marriage, had got away with it and suffered no consequences for such devastating action.
Post edited at 17:33
 Ridge 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

> In other news "brexiters ate my hamster"

"Brexit, it's what ISIS wants".
 timjones 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> I came across this via the British Humanist Association. I find it curious/interesting that they see the Leave vote as a vote against things they don't agree with.

In other news:

Anti LGBT Christians wanted equality reversal pre Brexit

Someone is stirring it don't get sucked in!
 timjones 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> I came across this via the British Humanist Association. I find it curious/interesting that they see the Leave vote as a vote against things they don't agree with.

In other news:

Anti LGBT Christians wanted equality reversal pre Brexit

Someone is stirring it don't get sucked in!
Removed User 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Well, the homophobes are circling.

Steven Crab and his old friends the Christian Action Research and Education group describe gay people as "sexually broken."

Each to their own but if they've never been sexually broken then they've never lived, and frankly I don't think they are in any position to tell us how to live our lives.
 john arran 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Ridge:

> "Brexit, it's what ISIS wants".

Shouldn't that be "so-called Brexit"?
 Ridge 08 Jul 2016
In reply to john arran:

> Shouldn't that be "so-called Brexit"?

Very good
 Big Ger 09 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Luckily this is the UK we are talking about not the USA. Here such ignorant, pathetic, god-bothering, morons are despised by the majority, not given credence. (Except by you )
OP Timmd 09 Jul 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Don't you believe it..?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/andrea-leadsom-brexit-speech-...

Andrea Leadsom has apparently spoken in public about not liking same sex marriage because it upset Christians.
 Ridge 09 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> Andrea Leadsom has apparently spoken in public about not liking same sex marriage because it upset Christians.

I think Leadsom has shot herself in the foot with her 'I'm a mother and Theresa May isn't' pitch.
 FreshSlate 09 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:
Agree - this is now only an issue because a potential post brexit PM is siding with this point of view. Did Leadsom campaign leave to punish the UK for it's unholiness?
Post edited at 11:47
 RomTheBear 09 Jul 2016
In reply to Ridge:
> I think Leadsom has shot herself in the foot with her 'I'm a mother and Theresa May isn't' pitch.

Pretty striking, the three leaders of the brexit camp have done very well spouting lies and nonsense during the leave campaign, but as soon as it came to actually put themselves forward to lead the country to implement their fantastic brexit, they all turned out to be quitters, traitors and plain idiots.
Post edited at 12:40
 Big Ger 10 Jul 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Well between that and her support of fox hunting, I wish a plague of boils on her.
 Big Ger 10 Jul 2016
In reply to RomTheBear:

> Pretty striking, the three leaders of the brexit camp have done very well spouting lies and nonsense during the leave campaign, but as soon as it came to actually put themselves forward to lead the country to implement their fantastic brexit, they all turned out to be quitters, traitors and plain idiots.

Oh the irony!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...