UKC

Diabaig Pillar crag shot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Nisbet 11 Jul 2016
Has anyone got a crag shot of Diabaig Pillar? Taken from below and back a bit to show the 3 main routes, not the best known shot of it from the path where it's partly in profile.
 Chris Harris 11 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Something like this? (Not my pic, so you'd have to contact the owner for use)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZyngZNUMlRc/T4NdtxkHOZI/AAAAAAAAAbE/K5A-khpcFDk/s...

OP Andy Nisbet 11 Jul 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

Chris, Thanks, but I was hoping for one more looking up, so you could see the cracks better. But I know that may be difficult as the ground drops away. But I'll see what I get. Cheers, Andy
 Brian 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet: Andy - see https://www.flickr.com/photos/38420795@N04/27977603910/in/dateposted/
Let me know and I can send you the hi-res

OP Andy Nisbet 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Brian:

Brian, Thanks but I was wanting one from further back to show the lines in a topo (unless there were more than one and I missed them). Andy
In reply to Paul Evans:

Paul,

I've downloaded the second one (but named Diabaig 1) which is close to what I want. It's come as the "original" from Flickr as 1.08mb (1200 by 795) which is prints at 10.1 by 6.7cm. Quite small but maybe big enough. If you have a better resolution version, that would be great. I was hoping for a picture showing the starts better but always suspected it was impossible. But I'll see if I am offered anything else. Thanks very much for now.

Cheers, Andy
 Paul Evans 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Hi Andy. Yes I have a higher res version. I'll dig it out later today and get it over to you.

Paul
In reply to Paul Evans:

Thanks Paul, Andy
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

How about asking in the harbour about paddling out a little way?
In reply to JamieSparkes:

I'll see what I get first. Now the fish farm has moved, there aren't so many boats around. I'm not sure my camera would zoom in that far and get a good enough picture. But thanks for the suggestion.
 Colin Moody 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Three of the crag shots in the Inner Hebrides guide were taken from a helicopter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...