UKC

Climbing clubs/groups in The Lakes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NigeR 12 Jul 2016
I'm looking to move to the Lakes in the next few months, and after a rather large gap, I'm also looking to get back into climbing again.

Therefore I'd be interested in any info regarding clubs or informal groups that I could hopefully hook up with on a regular basis for both rock and fell walking.

Know the lakes well and have climbed there extensively in the past, though my grades these days are likely to be considerably easier than they were
In reply to NigeR:
Where are you moving to? There are climbing club in Keswick, Carlisle, Penrith (Eden Valley), Kendal and Barrow. All have websites if you do a web search for them.
Post edited at 16:32
OP NigeR 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:
> Where are you moving to? There are climbing club in Keswick, Carlisle, Penrith (Eden Valley), Kendal and Barrow. All have websites if you do a web search for them.

Thanks Stephen. It will probably be around the Keswick area.

And I need a load of new gear too
Post edited at 16:41
 3leggeddog 12 Jul 2016
In reply to NigeR:

I would recommend Carlisle mountaineering club. Active members, regular well attended meets and owners of the best hut in the lakes if not the world.
OP NigeR 12 Jul 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

> I would recommend Carlisle mountaineering club. Active members, regular well attended meets and owners of the best hut in the lakes if not the world.

Thanks.

As I'm looking to not just get out regularly again, but also participate in the social side of things too, Carlisle might be too far?
 3leggeddog 12 Jul 2016
In reply to NigeR:

Members all over the county, evenings at Keswick and Penrith walls over the winter, on the crags in the summer
OP NigeR 12 Jul 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

> Members all over the county, evenings at Keswick and Penrith walls over the winter, on the crags in the summer

In that case I'll check it out. Cheers.
 Johnsulli 12 Jul 2016
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

There's also the (smaller and probably less active) West Cumbria Mountaineering club based in Whitehaven/Egremont. Evening sessions at West lakes academy climbing wall over the winter and a reasonable programme of away meets.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...