UKC

recommend me a solid case for ipad and or phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 13 Jul 2016
Hi

As more of us are taking our phones/tablets etc with us into the outdoors, there are more chances for them to get damaged through water or sudden impact. Does anyone use a more robust case/small box to put your gadgets in. If so, are there any clear winners?

cheers
Removed User 13 Jul 2016
In reply to kipper12:

STM (stmbags.com) do a very robust IPad case with reinforced rubber corners to reduce the risk of damage if dropped ( or more likely knocked of a table by my dog). No damage in a year +. Cost less than the new screen after previous damage. However it is not waterproof.
 Cú Chullain 13 Jul 2016
In reply to kipper12:

I have been using Griffin cases for both my phone and iPad the last few years, they have quite a selection depending on what kind of protection you need (basic rubber phone cover through to waterproof bombproof cover).
 nathan79 13 Jul 2016
In reply to kipper12:

Personally I prefer a rugged smartphone to relying on a case. Currently have a BWC stealth that has survived many a soaking and plenty of knocks (it's first test was a bouncing down a 10 feet concrete bothy staircase).

Otterbox cases always seem to be highly thought of. Costly, but if they for the job well worth it
 marsbar 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Another vote for griffin. Thoroughly tested by my nieces and deemed childproof.
 Bootrock 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

I second the Griffin Survivor Series. Pricey, but damn good.
 ScottTalbot 13 Jul 2016
In reply to kipper12:
I liked the old Griffin Survivor cases, but the newer ones don't look as solid. I haven't used them though, so can't say so sure.
Post edited at 12:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...