UKC

VIDEO: Alex Honnold's Welsh Slate Experience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jul 2016
Alex Honnold Montage, 3 kbThe BMC have put together this short film about his experience on the Welsh Slate. He spent the day with the enigmatic Johnny Dawes, who described Alex's climbing style as 'like a really elegant mechanic.'

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

A good video, but a 'Better Climber Than Bear Grylls'? Surely not!
 riff156 22 Jul 2016
In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:

I was gobsmacked by that comment from jonny also 😄
 leewil86 22 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Fokin bear grylls , will people stop bringing him up on climbing sites.....bad enough stopping at a local shop for some water before heading heading to my local crag and getting members of the public banging on about him.
In reply to UKC News:

I always feel like these international climbers are kind of humouring us Brits by visiting our crags.
In reply to UKC News:

I want to know why he didn't go to Gogarth! Seriously, spending all his time on the Slate? He definitely had time to visit Gogarth as well. Bizarre.
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

Apparently the BMC was making a short film with Bear Grylls at Gogarth at the time so slate had to do.
 ChrisJD 22 Jul 2016

> I want to know why he didn't go to Gogarth! Seriously, spending all his time on the Slate? He definitely had time to visit Gogarth as well. Bizarre.

Perhaps this: "One of my hands is hurt and I wasn’t really going to the death on anything"
In reply to ChrisJD:

Nothing at Gogarth would have been as fingery as Manic Strain... or at least that I can think of. Guess maybe because Hazel's shoulder is still bad the single pitch slate made more sense.
 Tyler 22 Jul 2016

He says in the film it's because slate is unique in the world so he wanted to try it. I know we bang on about Gogarth being unique as a rock type it isn't.
 Alex Riley 22 Jul 2016
In reply to Tyler:

Worth turning on the auto captions, some of the funniest reading I've done in a while.
 Spengler 22 Jul 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

So that's why he wanted to climb on the slate...
 Red Rover 23 Jul 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
 Alex Riley 23 Jul 2016
In reply to Red Rover:

The slaves balls are really slippery
 super/frets 24 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I'm sure they didn't say or maybe I missed it but, does anyone know where they were climbing?

I'm wanting to get down on some slate and it looked fantastic there!
 Alex Riley 24 Jul 2016
In reply to super/frets:

Mostly in Vivian quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...