UKC

Accessing Traffic/Security Cam info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IMA 23 Jul 2016
Is there anyway to request a specific camera and a specific time slot to be looked at for something or to obtain yourself to review?

I imagine the answer is no given all the security doors it would open but for a reason I'd like to access a 2 hour slot of a few cameras dotted around locally.

People here often know random things that suprised me so thought I'd ask and hope
 EddInaBox 23 Jul 2016
In reply to IMA:

The Data Protection Act means that whoever controls the data (video recordings) cannot let you see it unless it is data about you, if you were recorded then you can make a Subject Access Request, but the controller would have to remove all data relating to anyone else, i.e. they would probably have to obscure car number plates and faces.
OP IMA 23 Jul 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Thanks, what I expected but was curious as it could be a help in locating my missing dog.
 PPP 23 Jul 2016
In reply to IMA:

My father once lost his wallet and someone else used his credit card at the ATM. The bank told him to enquire police to get the footage. The police claimed that it's up to the bank to get the footage. After some investigation, he found that the camera next to the ATM was a fake one...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...