UKC

Breadmaker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 24 Jul 2016
After 10 years and between 2 and 5 uses a week, my Panasonic bread maker has reached the point where I think it needs replacing. Frequent failures to mix and poor rising. Looks like not a one but and least two faults and a new drive belt and strip down and clean hasn't fixed it.

Are Panasonic still the best? We had two cheapo brands before this one, and they didn't last. Personally I'm happy making by hand, but for convenience my wife prefers the machine. When we first bought one it made all our bread, but now, all the fancy bread is made by hand and I make 16 rolls at a time. She tops up the freezer with bread for toast and a few rolls using the machine. Not convinced well get the same value from a new Panasonic.
 KevinJ 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:
Recently bought a Panasonic bread maker on the recommendation of a friend. She had a bed and breakfast and was doing three loaves a day in her machines. After trying a number of brands over several years, she claimed the Panasonic machines were in her opinion the best option and were all she would use currently.
My current one does the usual programs as well as the dough making modes as well.
Makes life easier and stops my better half from having to clean up the kitchen when I've made bread by hand.
Post edited at 17:27
 Toby_W 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:
Our Panasonic ~100 quid is in a different league to our first one (other brand). Don't know how a box with a paddle and heater can have such varying performance.

When it dies we'll get another one the same.

Cheers

Toby
Post edited at 17:29
 wilkie14c 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:

We've a Panasonic too. Took about ten loafs to bake the tin in properly but makes lovely bread now. Best when you set the timer so the bread is ready ten minutes after you get up in the morning, mmmm still warm bread for breakfast
OP Philip 24 Jul 2016
In reply to wilkie14c:

3 out of 3 with Panasonic. I'll stick with them then.

I remember when I first switched, there Panasonic loaves were a delight, but now we get very dense bread.

Going to get the latest version, with the extra modes.
 Hooo 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:

I could have posted your OP myself. I too have a 10 year old Panasonic with about 2k loaves behind it, and it's starting to be unreliable.
Please post back when you've tried the new model and let us know how it compares.
Thanks
 radddogg 24 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:

I've got three bread makers. Very reliable and perfect results every time. For every day loaves it's Warburton, rolls it's Kingsmill and for fancy stuff it's Booths.

HTH
 Big Ger 25 Jul 2016
In reply to Philip:

We've got a bread maker, a very old one.

I only use it for making dough, as the dough hook leaves a massive hole in the bread , and it makes a daft square loaf.

Do any modern ones not have those problems?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...