UKC

What 'geeky' activity would you like to try?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cú Chullain 01 Aug 2016
I was down at Corfe Castle a few months back and they had a load of reenactment guys dressed up as Saxon and Norman soldiers beating the shite out of each other before getting smashed up on cider in the pub afterwards. That looked like fun.

Failing that, I'd like to learn how to build electronic circuits, coding, micro engineering and anything else related to creating small (flying) drone armies dressed as samurai, along with a few dragons, ninja and kinky arsed heavily breasted viking warrior women types and launching them into unsuspecting commercial or tourist areas with the intention of herding people, terrified people, small people, sweaty office type people, into alleys or dead end streets, small city cul de sacs or underground carparks and making them dance to Ice Ice Baby in synchronised lines.
 JIMBO 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Skydiving or base jumping - all that OCD folding and layout of the kit looks like you could create some lean management strategies and quality control checks to make a real fun weekend.
 NaCl 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Without a doubt I'd get onto building something for Robotwars given sufficient money and time. Always fancied back in the day and watching it again recently still do.
OP Cú Chullain 01 Aug 2016
In reply to NaCl:

You just wanted to meet Phillipa Forrester
 NaCl 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

It is of course entirely possible that this is the case. She was hot though. Possibly still is although I haven't seen her on tv in years
 Bobling 01 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Hacking, I did a very little bit of it a few years back and it opened a whole fascinating world of hidden knowledge.
 Hephaestus 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

I'd like to try that rock climbing. Can anyone help?
PamPam 02 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Electronics would be quite cool; had to do a bit of it at school but it never really got anywhere beyond explaining binary, hexadecimal and other stuff rather than practical applications plus the teachers didn't make it very interesting. It would help with my other geeky hobby of comic conventions and costuming https://www.facebook.com/NorthernLightsCosplay/ ; I try and make as much as I can but this year has been difficult but I made a good start on my first attempt at simple make-up for making wounds and once I have my own place then I can have a room dedicated to the crafting stuff I do and if I can have a shed or garage then it'd make spray painting, sanding and the storage problems so much easier. I really want to make a full Praetor suit of armour from the new Doom game as it'd just be fun and a good project to have a go at.
 mrgleb 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

I would love to dress up as Darth Vader or Kylo Ren and go do the weekly shop.
 jkarran 03 Aug 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Watchmaking. I'd also at some point like to make an electric sportscar from scratch.
jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...