UKC

Man telling Poles to speak English; Barred from pub for life.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 05 Aug 2016

Nice one!

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/14615869.Pub_landlord_kicks_out_loudmo...

A guy tells some people they should be speaking English because they're in England, and the landlord gives him his money for his beer back, and say's he's permanently barred.
 Matt Vigg 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

£4.20 for a pint! Blimey I've been out of the UK a long time....
Clauso 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

This was 'news' about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Do try and keep up.
OP Timmd 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Clauso:
It's not earth shattering, or else I'd have probably heard of it by now?

Peace be upon you.
Post edited at 19:44
 Andy Say 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:
And selected extracts from the report you cite:

Mr Marshall said: "A good friend of mine was at the bar, who was brought up in America but is actually Polish.

"He had a friend with him and they were both talking among each other in Polish, then this guy said 'you should be talking English' and started giving them grief.

"Then he swore at them, so I very calmly opened the till, returned his £4.20 for a pint of Old Rosie and said 'you're permanently barred'.

"Then he started abusing me and I said 'just go' and he went.

"It was blatantly racist. I'm calling on all landlords across the city to do the same, if we all did that it would make a difference."

Seems fair to me.

Post edited at 19:53
Clauso 05 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Peas be upon you... Mushy 'uns.
OP Timmd 05 Aug 2016
In reply to JEF:
I quite like this sentiment.

Andrea Olgeby added: "Well done Ted, it's time people stopped wasting time splitting hairs over whether we call it xenophobic, racist or nationalistic.'' "All three have one thing in common - unprovoked verbal abuse. The sooner it's stamped out the better."

Post edited at 23:10
 Big Ger 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Man being aggressive and hostile in pub; Barred from pub for life.

Drop the dead donkey.
Helen Bach 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> Man being aggressive and hostile in pub; Barred from pub for life.

> Drop the dead donkey.

A bit rich given the amount of trivial shite you post.
 Big Ger 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Helen Bach:
> A bit rich given the amount of trivial shite you post.

Oh the irony!!

ETA; these are all your most recent replies to me, apart from the fact that they contain nothing but off topic "trivial shite";

> Yes, curious that the most vocal knuckle dragging Engerland flag waving nationalist on UKC has chosen to live as far away from the place as possible. Let's hope he stays there.

> Ha ha. Agree, but I'm guessing you aren't aware of soppygob/big gerks self proclaimed occupation.

> Goes without saying really. Your long history of pointless, and poorly argued, posts also indicate that you hate (in no particular order): the poor, the homeless, immigrants (what nationality are you, and where do you live again?), women, the disabled, the mentally ill (especially ironic given your often claimed job) - basically anyone who isn't white, male, and middle-class.

> We get that you are upset that your sector of society no longer gets all the attention you think it deserves, but your constant pointless whining really is pathetic.

> As a general aside, I'm knocking up a quick plugin for Firefox to hide posts from a configurable list of individuals if anyone is interested.

> Ah Philip Green! Another of stroppygob's / Little Ger's heroes. No doubt the Daily Fail will find a way to put a positive spin on things.

Aren't you rather obsessive /stalker material darling?

CBT is good for OCD, I'd look into it if I were you.
Post edited at 07:36
 Mick Ward 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> Aren't you rather obsessive /stalker material darling?

Nasty.

Mick

Bingers 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

A few years ago, when the Poles were first coming over in numbers, my (French) wife was talking to our toddler in her mother tongue in the local town centre and a well to do, older lady had a right go at her demanding that she spoke English to her own child as they were in England now. She then asked what language they were daring to speak. When my shocked wife replied that they were talking French, she totally changed and said how lovely it was.

In case it has passed anybody by, it isn't just loudmouths in pubs that have the monopoly on latent or blatant racism. Or hypocracy.
Jim C 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Terrible, and have you seen what the Welsh do to the English
https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=tJ5DzMmBuwQ
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

Hardly. If you can't take it, then she shouldn't dish it out.
 EddInaBox 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

If keyboard warriors didn't dish it out in the first place UKC would be a nicer place.
Helen Bach 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Jerk:
I tend only to bother posting when idiots come out with totally moronic claptrap. You post a lot, and pretty much every post you make falls into this category. If I was really stalking you, then I'd probably be top poster by now. Incidentally, at the time of posting: 20 to 2 in my favour for my post. 14 to 4 against you for yours.

As for your crude and childish sexual reference - says it all really.

Post edited at 14:11
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:
Haters gonna hate. Trolls gonna troll.

And someone disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make you a keyboard warrior.

Although couldn't the original post be seen as keyboard warrior post? It's a situation that's already happened, and been dealt with. Yet people post on here to feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves and like a post to make it seem like they have actually made a difference in the world?

Some dude acted like a prick, in a pub. And it got well handled by owner of said pub. It's hardly the story of a lifetime.

I mean, it's not like it could ever happen the other way around....

Post edited at 14:18
Removed User 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

The OP does start an awful lot of threads with a link to a news story and a 1 line comment. It's pretty spammy.
OP Timmd 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Removed User:

An interesting point of view. It's because I think whatever I'm linking to generally speaks for itself.
OP Timmd 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:
I thought it was a good thing to have happened given the rise in instances like this after the Brexit.

Since when did liking something make a difference? I've never heard that before.
Post edited at 14:54
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:
You mean, it's already been dealt with? And is just an exercise to boost your ego and feel like a special snowflake?

You misread, people like posts and status' to make it feel like they made a difference, Facebook syndrome.

And what about the rise of anti Semitism in Europe, and other instances where it's reversed? Don't see any of you special snowflakes posting or commenting on that?
Post edited at 15:00
Removed User 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

If it speaks for itself and it's on the bbc news website don't you think interested people would have already seen it? Why make a thread on it? You're not promoting discussion you're just increasing your post count.
 Andy Say 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> Oh the irony!!

> ETA; these are all your most recent replies to me, apart from the fact that they contain nothing but off topic "trivial shite";

> Aren't you rather obsessive /stalker material darling?

> CBT is good for OCD, I'd look into it if I were you.

Oooooh! Fight!
 Andy Say 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Some dude acted like a prick, in a pub. And it got well handled by owner of said pub. It's hardly the story of a lifetime.

> I mean, it's not like it could ever happen the other way around....

An owner of a pub handles a prick well for a dude? Is THAT the other way round?
 Andy Say 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Hardly. If you can't take it, then she shouldn't dish it out.

Bit confusing there. If Mick Ward can't take it then Helen Bach shouldn't dish it out?

And I'd be reluctant to think that 'a bit rich given the amount of trivial shite you post' actually deserves the response it got.
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

If she can't take it, she shouldn't dish it out.

If you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out.

I was aiming for one of them, but was distracted and went for a mash of them both.

Is it trivial shite, because she doesn't agree with it?

Meh, if your going to throw stuff about, then you have to be prepared to take incoming, and you can't always expect it to be a shot across the bows.

OP Timmd 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:
> You mean, it's already been dealt with? And is just an exercise to boost your ego and feel like a special snowflake?

> You misread, people like posts and status' to make it feel like they made a difference, Facebook syndrome.

> And what about the rise of anti Semitism in Europe, and other instances where it's reversed? Don't see any of you special snowflakes posting or commenting on that?

Nobody has to justify themselves to you.

If you're bothered enough to ask, why haven't you posted anything about antisemitism?

The forum is your's...
Post edited at 16:42
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Because it's a climbing forum. Not a Political forum.

I couldn't give a damn either, but when it's all one sided hypocritical, leftist circle jerk type stuff, I do get a tad annoyed. But people see what they want to see.

If it made you feel better to post this sort of stuff and makes you think like your making a difference, a bit like overlaying a flag over your Facebook picture, then good for you mate.

OP Timmd 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:
> Because it's a climbing forum. Not a Political forum.

This has been covered before, there's different categories for different kinds of thread.

> I couldn't give a damn either, but when it's all one sided hypocritical, leftist circle jerk type stuff, I do get a tad annoyed. But people see what they want to see.

Can you explain what is leftist about this thread? Do you think right wing people in the pub would have cheered?

> If it made you feel better to post this sort of stuff and makes you think like your making a difference, a bit like overlaying a flag over your Facebook picture, then good for you mate.

It just appealed to me, so I thought I'd share it, like people might share funny cartoons, or whatever.

By the way, calling people special little snow flakes, is quite a good way of making people think you're a tw*t, or unpleasant at least.

It's up to you.
Post edited at 17:13
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Yea? And? I am a tw*t? What's your point.

I could have told you that.
 krikoman 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Yea? And? I am a tw*t? What's your point.

> I could have told you that.

You don't have to read OR comment.

You can always move along.
 Bootrock 06 Aug 2016
In reply to krikoman:

But where's the fun in that?
 arch 06 Aug 2016
In reply to krikoman:

> You don't have to read OR comment.

> You can always move along.

Is that what you do ??
 Roadrunner5 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:
I've a Danish/Korean friend who lives and works in NYC, who worked in Germany for years, on the metro two guys were talking in German about the little immigrant (her) wearing nice clothes (in the US an immigrant isn't white.. We're expats...), laughing that she was sleeping with a Rich guy as she couldn't save up working in some market.. As she left she politely asked in German if they could keep their ignorant views to themselves.. She's a post doc molecular biologist. One of the cleverest people I know.

The worlds getting very nasty again.. Suddenly people feel it's acceptable to be openly xenophobic. I'm glad I live out in the sticks and can pretend the worlds all trails and bears....
Post edited at 20:49
 krikoman 06 Aug 2016
In reply to arch:

> Is that what you do ??

I'm not pissing and moaning about someone starting a post am I?
 krikoman 06 Aug 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> But where's the fun in that?

have a like, but it is a bit like people moaning about, "This TV program is shit" instead of changing the channel.
 Big Ger 07 Aug 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

> Nasty.

> Mick

Really, in the context of HB's constant insulting and derogatory off topic/out of context remarks to me, you find my one rebuttal "nasty"?

Oh dear, oh dear, how will I live with the shame of it.....
 Big Ger 07 Aug 2016
In reply to Helen Bach:
> I tend only to bother posting when idiots come out with totally moronic claptrap. You post a lot, and pretty much every post you make falls into this category. If I was really stalking you, then I'd probably be top poster by now. Incidentally, at the time of posting: 20 to 2 in my favour for my post. 14 to 4 against you for yours.

> As for your crude and childish sexual reference - says it all really.

Mick, she needs your support mate!

What "crude and childish sexual reference" did I make by the way? Is there a prize for finding it?
Post edited at 00:10
 Big Ger 07 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

But why is this story worthy of note?

People get banned from pubs for life for being total @rseholes every weekend, and have done for donkey's years?

Why is this a special noteworthy case, is it just because he was being an @rsehole about Polish people?

If so, isn't this the sort of Daily Mail type scaremongering that we all abhor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...