UKC

New printer recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamButty 07 Aug 2016
Hi I've had Kodak all in one printer for quite a few years now, and its on its last legs. Its also struggling with Win10. The good thing about the Kodak was the cartridges were pretty cheap and its been a good workhorse for general home and student use
Can anyone recommend Wifi, all in one, good options for cartridges? Not sure of where to price it but a sensible price?

Many thanks

markAut 07 Aug 2016
In reply to JamButty:

Do you need to print reasonable quality photos? If not, consider a laser. We have an HP LaserJet colour all in one thing and it's great, especially for kids homework and general stuff. Toner cartridges as not cheap, but they last for ages, especially as our printing is intermittent. Cost per print, even colour is very reasonable. My last inkjet spent most of its ink on head cleaning.

If I want a photo printed, which is rare, I tend to pay for it to be done on a proper printer whose inks don't fade.
m0unt41n 07 Aug 2016
In reply to JamButty:

Canon - in that when one of its cartridges is about to run out it makes sure it has completely printed a page and then warns. Previous Epsoms and HP stopped half way through a page and cancelled the rest of the print.

Cartridges are dirt cheap, provided you do not buy original manufacturers.
I use Prink but lots of others on the web are OK
http://www.prink.co.uk/canon-pixma-mg7150-ink-cartridges.php

£6.95 incld postage for complete set of 6 cartridges
and I have only had 2 failures in last few years and I do loads of printing.
 colinakmc 07 Aug 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

+1 for Canon.

Windows 10 is turning out to be a real sales dream, isn't it? My scanner doesn't work with it (canon 8800F) and apparently there are no plans to do a W10 driver for it. Then it refused to recognise my Samsung portable HD that I use for backup....absolutely useless in my view but we seem to be stuck with it unless we go for an Apple product.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...