UKC

Women's 10,000m (spoiler)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 12 Aug 2016
World record gone by about 14 seconds, with the second 5,000 quicker than the Olympic record! Wow!
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Amazing to watch. My classmate from primary and secondary school Beth Potter was also in the race. Don't think she'll forget the WR getting broken in her first Olympics!
 Lemony 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Shall I do the cynical bit then? 36 seconds faster than the fastest time ever by someone who hasn't admitted to being part of a massive state sponsored doping program.

"I'm not sure that I can understand that. When I saw the world record set in 1993, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And Ayana has absolutely blitzed that time." -- Paula Radcliffe
OP Yanis Nayu 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

> Amazing to watch. My classmate from primary and secondary school Beth Potter was also in the race. Don't think she'll forget the WR getting broken in her first Olympics!

How cool is that!
OP Yanis Nayu 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Lemony:

Well there is that. Years of watching cycling has taught me that if it looks too good to be true, it generally is.
 wbo 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu: quite amazing. Id be keen to get that track measured again. A lot of really quick times, but i need to look at the lap splits

cb294 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

This.

Ma´s army scoffed "turtle blood". Wonder what she is taking. Interesting to see that a Kenyan coach was caught today "taking the piss" for one of his runners.

CB
cb294 12 Aug 2016
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Great for her. Who knows, she may even get a medal in few years time.....

CB
 nufkin 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Wow indeed, and Ayana looked pretty unfazed at the end. Just another day at work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...