UKC

Ciderslider (aka mark reed) appreciation thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tom84 14 Aug 2016

So the ancient man and owner of the worlds most inappropriate sense of humour has finally ticked elysium at swanage. now although he was probably still shaking from the quantity of cider he'd drunk the night before i still think he should have a thread for us all to share our stories about him. or ignore
 LucaC 14 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

I heard that when Mark goes to Swanage, the fixed gear quivers in fear and the pegs shrink further back into their placements.
 jezb1 14 Aug 2016
In reply to LJC:

> I heard that when Mark goes to Swanage, the fixed gear quivers in fear and the pegs shrink further back into their placements.

That tickled me!

What's next on the tick list Mark?
OP tom84 14 Aug 2016
In reply to LJC:

i can assure you the pegs don't shrink back into the cracks when he falls on them! :P
 Mick Ward 14 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Hey, compared to some of us, he's in his prime! Thirty years and more ago, he looked longingly at the Ruckle, then turned away for life's responsibilities. But now he's back, a crazy teenager at heart, mad for it and made for it. How good does it get? More power to his elbow, more (well-earned) cider down his neck.

Mark, you can grow old in body. Sooner or later, we all do (and, believe me, I speak from experience). But never, ever, ever, ever grow old in mind.

So just keep fighting the good fight (safely, well, as safely as can be...)

Mick
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Ahh, thanks mate, and I love you too You've made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, not to mention what you've done to my nether regions
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

Cheers Mick, hopefully catch up soon - Ruckle and/or Square and Compass soon. Btw I still have one of your snapgate krabs.
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

I didn't go anywhere near the peg Tom, it was a bomber small blue offset
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to LJC:

Super Mario, you're a cheeky young bocsac. Have a bit more respect for your elders
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to jezb1:

Not sure Jez, promised myself that I would try to get out of the whole ticklist thing and start just to climb and enjoy - but there's a little voice inside that's saying - "what about Ocean Boulevard, it's safe and the gears good, go on you chubby old man, you know you want to"
 Climber_Bill 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

Well done Mark, I kept telling you that you would be fine.
You'll be fine on OB. Nothing harder than Elysium, just a little bit pumper.

Cheers,

TJB.
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Climber_Bill:

Cheers mate, yep I just need to get on stuff and stop worrying so much
 KP 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Chiming in with my own personal appreciation for Mark Reed, a handsome devil indeed. I can't vouch for Luca's statement about the Swanage cliffs quivering at his approach, but he certainly makes my cracks quiver and I'd like to 'be-layed' by him. It wouldn't be a Mark appreciation post if I didn't include at least a little dirty humour would it....

Keep crushing ciderslider!
OP tom84 15 Aug 2016
In reply to KP:

bloody hell kp, you might give the old man heart failure!
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to KP:

Hey KP, top sleaze Bawdy indeed !

You've almost made an old badger blush, almost
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Coeur de lion Thomas !
OP tom84 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

face like a dead badger
 The Ivanator 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Congratulations on ticking the big E. You'll have to drag me up a few lines someday, if you climb with me at least you can throw the fat old man jibes straight back in my direction!
 charley 15 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:
I'm still suffering two weeks later after my last experience of Mr Reed!! Keep getting flashbacks of a falling PunterWhale, swinging towards me. My hip still looks deformed but at least I can take a full breath in now without passing out.
Post edited at 21:56
OP tom84 15 Aug 2016
In reply to charley:

hahaha i heard about this, wrecking ball made of back fat!
 Kevster 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

What next then Ciderslider? Like pints of cider, you can't stop at one....

Billy Pig? Thunderball?
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to The Ivanator:

Mate, definitely need to get together some time soon.
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to charley:

Come on Charley, get a grip, it was just a gentle fin slap
 Ciderslider 15 Aug 2016
In reply to Kevster:

True, especially in the Square and Compass Thunderball was great, I followed Super Mario up it (LJC) I led it's soft twin Jo some time back.

Billy Pigg is a total sandbag ! My mate Charley gave it a great effort, and I tried to follow - all went well I found the jugs and even cut loose (thinking stupidly this is ok) then pulled up and suddenly it was all over no feet and down i went

So not sure yet - I'll maybe have a little drink in the Square and have a think - now there's a plan.

Down there this weekend so maybe a plan will be hatched
OP tom84 16 Aug 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

mate theres already enough fossils along there- you don't need to add any more!
 KP 16 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

you cant say that! mark is my life and no one should ever speak to him like that. my heart races and my pulse quickens whenever i see him, i long for his sweaty touch on my bosom......
 KP 16 Aug 2016
In reply to tom84:

Disclaimer, I didn't write that - Foote did. I will neither confirm or deny it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...