UKC

James Edwards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gone for good 19 Aug 2016
I just read this and am shocked and saddened.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37118010
 lummox 19 Aug 2016
In reply to Gone for good:

Shit. Just realised it's James Edwards of this parish : (
 Rich W Parker 19 Aug 2016

Very sad.
Gone for good 19 Aug 2016
In reply to lummox:
I climbed with James a couple of times in the Northern Corries. He was the guide, I was his client. He was helpful, funny, generous and obviously very much at home in the mountains. He made it clear he preferred the quieter mountains further north and was making plans to move further north. He gave me the confidence to go to the alps unguided for the first time that year and I will be forever grateful to him for giving me that self belief.
4 of the photos on my profile were taken by James. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time.

Robert Durran 19 Aug 2016

Terrible news. I didn't know him well, but he always seemed a great guy and a genuine enthusiast. I met him and his family off on a cycling trip on a hebridean ferry just a couple of weeks ago. Very sad.
 alasdair19 20 Aug 2016

really sad about this, thoughts with his wife and young family.
 Doghouse 20 Aug 2016

Very sad to hear this. A great contributor on here.
 TobyA 20 Aug 2016

Oh god no. That's awful. James has always been a very friendly and helpful person here on UKC. My thoughts are with James's family and friends.
 Tom Last 20 Aug 2016

Real sad. Always seemed a helpful person on here, especially for those interested in the Highlands. Thoughts with family and friends.
 Timmd 20 Aug 2016
In reply to TobyA:

> Oh god no. That's awful. James has always been a very friendly and helpful person here on UKC. My thoughts are with James's family and friends.

That's what I was thinking.
 Jiffy 20 Aug 2016

I first met James 13 years ago through these forums. So sad to hear the news. We never did get to climb together but I hope we will one day. My thoughts are very much with Tanya and the boys.
 Denni 23 Aug 2016
In reply to lummox:

> Shit. Just realised it's James Edwards of this parish : (

Just realised that as well.
Always came across as a well balanced chap. Thoughtful, helpful and passionate about what he did.
RIP indeed.
 Roadrunner5 23 Aug 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> That's what I was thinking.

Likewise.. super active with plenty of advice.
 chris fox 23 Aug 2016

Terrible news, I met James back in Jan 2005 when we were both on first ascents up different lines of the South face of New Zealand's Mount Aspiring. Met up with him for a weekend of Gogarth action in Oct 2007 as he wanted some training for his ML assessment. Sort of lost touch with him over the last few years.
Thats 2 people from that day on Aspiring gone, my climbing partner last month and now James

Farewell my friend
 ArnaudG 26 Aug 2016

Just learned about James' passing today. Shocked at the news. I knew James from our days as members of the chaotic SCUM (Sheffield uni MC) in the late 90's and did my first Scottish winter climbing trip with him (he may have got benighted on the Ben on that occasion). So sorry to hear of his death. My thoughts and deepest sympathies to his family and friends...
A.-

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...