UKC

Corbyn Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 24 Aug 2016
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

If this is Jezza's new way of operating in the political world then it seems to bear a remarkable resemblence to the 'old way' i.e. lie through your teeth to score some political points and desperately try to divert the attention to someone else when you get caught out !

Man of principles eh ?
 jkarran 24 Aug 2016
In reply to GravitySucks:

Depends who you believe, surely? Everyone involved in and commenting on this, assuming this is the train thing has a clear agenda.
jk
Bellie 24 Aug 2016
In reply to jkarran:

Interesting. I had a conversation this morning, and any criticism of JC was met with - its all a conspiracy, and wheeling off everything is Corbyns fault memes, to divert attention away from a bad decision on his part.

Perhaps it would have been better to have sat in the seat he paid for, and had the volunteer video man go off and film some actual crowded trains.

I don't want the leader of my party to be sat on the floor of a train to make a point, I want him to lead. He is boss man Bing now.

jkarran 24 Aug 2016
In reply to Bellie:

> Interesting. I had a conversation this morning, and any criticism of JC was met with - its all a conspiracy, and wheeling off everything is Corbyns fault memes, to divert attention away from a bad decision on his part.
> Perhaps it would have been better to have sat in the seat he paid for, and had the volunteer video man go off and film some actual crowded trains.

Corbyn's point is he didn't have a seat, yours appears to be he did. I know for sure one of you was actually there on that train and at the moment that's the information informing which of you I consider more credible.

> I don't want the leader of my party to be sat on the floor of a train to make a point, I want him to lead. He is boss man Bing now.

I don't see how this episode demonstrates a lack of leadership? Nor do I see how it is materially different to the usual hard hat and high vis stunt we're used to where we see some stuffed suit laying a couple of bricks or standing next to someone filling in pot holes to illustrate their latest initiative/policy.
jk
 Siward 24 Aug 2016
In reply to jkarran:

Nor do I see how it is materially different to the usual hard hat and high vis stunt we're used to where we see some stuffed suit laying a couple of bricks or standing next to someone filling in pot holes to illustrate their latest initiative/policy.

Because this is the 'new politics', remember?

Bellie 24 Aug 2016
In reply to jkarran:

Well for a start - its not very organised. He knows trains well enough. Even I in a rush book a ticket and reserve a seat. He is the leader of the opposition. Fannying around jumping on a train looking for a seat is a bit amateur hour in my book.

PM? Sorry Chancellor Merkel. Prime Minister Corbyn is a bit delayed as the No. 32 from Pimlico is running late.

I'm all for them being of the people but I don't need my MP to be hunting in bins, to point out there is hunger in this country. I just want them to be aware of it and act on it. In the reports, he goes back to his seat. If he didn't have one (refer to my first point)... why not sit in the unreserved ones, or in one of the unused reserved ones. The ones that everyone had seemingly vacated to go for a piss at the same time.

Perhaps he aught to be arguing for more toilets on trains.

As Smith said - he made a valid point about trains. Just messed the presentation of it up.

Slarti B 24 Aug 2016
In reply to jkarran:

> Corbyn's point is he didn't have a seat, yours appears to be he did. I know for sure one of you was actually there on that train and at the moment that's the information informing which of you I consider more credible.

Corbyn now says that he was looking for seats for 2 people next to each other. Apart from the CCTV footage, even JC now seems to concede that there were seats available.

So, was Corbyn credible in his original statement?
In reply to GravitySucks:
I think that the sad aspect of this story is that it appears to be a case of ill-managed 'spin'. As I recall JC was very much a critic of 'spin' and to be exposed to a criticism of his own failed 'spin' must be really humiliating for him. Hoist by his own petard.
 Yanis Nayu 24 Aug 2016
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Funny that he chose the only train in the whole country with empty seats to make a point have trains having no empty seats.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...