UKC

Heathersage fast drying crag?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flopsicle 08 Sep 2016
Hi - one for the collective wisdom! Which crag Heathersage way dries fast (easterly wind) and us good for sheltering from a rainstorm? Thank you wise ones....
 Offwidth 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:
Higgar East? To be honest it's one of those questions when asked how do I get somewhere I might say don't start from here in reply. What do you, actually need and why?
Post edited at 08:28
 ChrisBrooke 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Stanage dries quickly, especially with a westerly wind, and has several places to hide from the rain: underneath Grotto Slab being one that springs to mind, if you don't mind the smell of piss and shit.
 Offwidth 08 Sep 2016
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Damp summer days on Stanage with light easterlies are for climbers with leather skin only.
 Simon Caldwell 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Is this a hypothetical question for the future? The forecast for the next few days is for westerly/south westerly winds, in which case the answers would include Stanage and Bamford.
OP flopsicle 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Nope I'm in the car heading out!
 ChrisBrooke 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Yup, I wouldn't recommend it with easterlies and have been avoiding grit for a few week while the wind seems mostly from the East. Tonight however looks perfect
 ChrisBrooke 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Go to Stanage or Bamford then. Have fun. Should be a good day apart from a couple of showers.
 Simon Caldwell 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Strong south westerlies today, gusting over 40mph according to the Met Office - Stanage will dry quickly but could also be a bit chilly!
 MG 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

> Damp summer days on Stanage with light easterlies are for climbers with leather skin only.

Isn't all skin leather
 Jimbo C 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

The Cowper Stone can be ok with an Easterly whilst the rest of Stanage swarms with midgies.
OP flopsicle 08 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Stuck to Burbage N and it didn't rain!!! Bloody windy though....

Cheers all... 😂
 brianjcooper 10 Sep 2016
In reply to flopsicle:
Stanage has Robin Hood's cave to shelter in too. I've slept there a few times in the past.
Post edited at 13:15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...