UKC

NEWS: IFSC Climbing and Paraclimbing World Championships Paris: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Sep 2016
Team GB's Esme Harte wins Bronze in Paris, 6 kbThe biennial IFSC World Climbing Championships took place last week at the Accor Hotels Arena in Paris, uniting the world's best competition climbers across all four disciplines of lead, boulder, speed and paraclimbing. Great Britain's Esme Harte won Bronze in the women's Amputee Leg 2 category and John Churcher placed 4th in the final of the men's Visual impairment B2 event.

Read more
 stp 19 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Thought this was a really top event with lots of great moments in both the lead and bouldering events. The commentary was slightly annoying at times though co commutators Stasa Gejo and Adam Pustelnik were both excellent.

Routesetting seemed really good, though I read the men's bouldering semi wasn't that good. No live stream for that or the women's lead semi though.

Great effort by Ondra, so close to getting the double again. Wonder what he'll do next. How close is he to his 9c at Flat anger.
In reply to UKC News:

Agree that the commentating got quite annoying. Put this down to the musical chairs being played by too many co-commentators. No sound of the atmosphere created by the 8000 spectators. This was a either a major oversight or lack of skills by the sound engineers. Can you imagine watching match of the day with just the commentators in a soundproof box. Flat.

Watched pretty much the whole event and the climbing was stunning. The men's final route was fabulous with Ondra showing how it should be done. On my bucketlist to go watch this live one day
 BAdhoc 22 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Well done to Esme and John!
 AlanLittle 22 Sep 2016
In reply to becauseitsthere:

> Watched pretty much the whole event and the climbing was stunning. The men's final route was fabulous with Ondra showing how it should be done. On my bucketlist to go watch this live one day

Do. The last lead comp I went to was Birmingham in (iirc) '91, but I've been to a couple of boulder world cup rounds in recent years and they're great fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...