UKC

Connecting Tablet(Nexus 7) to Windows 8.1 PC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 20 Sep 2016
I'm trying to connect my tablet to my pc. The physical connection is via USB but whenever I click "Add Device" in the control panel all I get is "No devices found".

Can anyone help please?
crisp 20 Sep 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

You might need a OTG lead (it is a micro SD to USB adapter which has an extra wire or something so it can act as a data lead) to connect the micro SD port on your tablet to the USB port on your computer.
OP FesteringSore 20 Sep 2016
In reply to crisp:

? No SD on the Nexus 7
 AndyC 20 Sep 2016

Can't help other than to confirm that my Nexus 7 is automatically recognised by my Windows PC. On first time connection it installed the drivers and then the Nexus was visible in Windows Explorer.

Only sneaky thing is that you need to swipe down on the Nexus settings menu and change 'USB for charging' to 'File transfers' if you want to access files on the Nexus.

Suggestions - try a different USB port if possible, try a different USB cable, if you are trying to connect through a USB hub, try a direct connection to the PC.

BTW - surprised you didn't take advantage of the free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 - it was a huge improvement.
ultrabumbly 20 Sep 2016

Have you looked in "My Computer". My nexus shows up as a removable drive when using a standard USB cable (some phones I have found will not (weird pinning maybe?) unless you use the original cable.
 Martin W 21 Sep 2016

> ? No SD on the Nexus 7

crisp has got confused between micro SD and micro USB.

You shouldn't need an OTG USB lead to connect to a PC; they're for connecting the Nexus to a USB storage device (such as, slightly ironically, a micro SD card reader).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...