UKC

ebay refund on credit card

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 04 Oct 2016
Ive only used ebay a couple of times and a i don't have a PayPal account anything I've bought has been with a credit card.
I bought an item for £50 as I couldn't get it anywhere else, its about 2 weeks overdue and the seller isn't responding to contact. the item is coming from Greece.
his feedback was pretty good overall and I am now going to raise a dispute via eBay.
despite going through their faqs several times everything seems to relate to PayPal payments and I cant seem to find out what happens with a credit card payment.
if his item doesn't turn up and the seller wont respond anyone know where i stand.
the link to get ebay involved isn't working at the moment and ive got a feeling I might end up out of pocket here.
thanks.
 Dax H 04 Oct 2016
In reply to buzby:

Contact your credit card company.
OP buzby 04 Oct 2016
In reply to Dax H:

Hi Dax, yep was thinking that as a last resort but I was under the impression it was only for items above £100 they would get involved.
 EddInaBox 04 Oct 2016
In reply to buzby:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

As it says you can't use Chargeback if you paid for something with a PayPal account, because there are two transactions, one to load the PayPal account from the card and the second to make a payment to the other party from that Paypal account, the card company has no obligation regarding the second transaction, but since you don't have a PayPal account I'm not sure where you stand, it won't hurt to try though.
 Dax H 04 Oct 2016
In reply to buzby:

Good point, I forgot about the £100 bit
OP buzby 04 Oct 2016
In reply to buzby:

case closed, gave up with the online stuff and rang them direct by phone, money refunded in 24hrs.
apparently if you use a credit card it goes through as a paypal guest account and still qualifies. :>))

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...