UKC

Ashmei

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 23 Oct 2016

Any one used any of this brands running gear?

Ashmei.com

There's more than a whiff of Rapha about it but it looks O.K and I need replace my winter running jacket.
Cheers
Post edited at 20:34
 richprideaux 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:

I used to organise their races... their stuff is outside of my price range but the design commitment and belief in their products seems genuine. It's the in-house brand of a company that designs for a few of the bigger companies.
 galpinos 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:

Never heard of it. Had a look at the website and it looks very expensive for what it is.
 plyometrics 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:

Never used Ashmei, although it looks very much like over-priced cycling garb to me.

If you're looking for a new winter running jacket, give the OMM Kamleika a whirl, if you've not already...

Hope you find something that suits.
OP Indy 23 Oct 2016
In reply to richprideaux:

O.K thanks... know very little about the brand other than it was mentioned in a shop as being worth a look at. Have to say spent the last week or so looking for a good all round winter running jacket and have been left feeling pretty..... meh!

Will order an Ultimate Softshell jacket and see what the fit and quality are like.
 The New NickB 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:
I've got some of their socks, I like them, they gave them to me for free, but I think they retail at around £15, which is on the pricey side, but not outrageous.

I'm not convinced that, outside of socks, merino is the right material for running, which much of their range appears to be.

I guess it depends on what sort of running you do, they do seem to be contributing to the fashion for over dressing for running.
Post edited at 21:37
 galpinos 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:

It looks like it'd be far too warm to run in?

wbo 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Indy:
You'd have to look and try it, but the mere fact they've got a running shirt with a tight zipped neck rings warning bells for me.

I have an Adidas softshell jacket that does the job for me. Their jacket looks ok if the fit works for you but it's an expensive experiment. I'm going to agree that I also don't like merino if I'm really going to be sweating.

Isn't there anything in the shops?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...