UKC

metolius power grip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 malcolm.harris 29 Oct 2016
Does anyone have a pair of these? http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/portable_power_grips.html

Thinking about adding something round to my hangboard set up at home, and considering sanding a flat edge on these and bolting them in place... any thoughts?

Originally wanted the beastmaker bawls but they're £20 each and a tad big for me (ie i'm not that strong).

Cheers

Malcolm
 Lemony 29 Oct 2016
In reply to malcolm.harris:

Would a PVC pipe and sandpaper sloper not be less work and cheaper?
 john arran 29 Oct 2016

I have some that I sometimes take if I'm working away, to hang from a gym pull-up or lat pull-down bar. They're definitely better for that than just using the standard bar and I'm glad I have them. But I wouldn't consider buying them to fix in place as they're fundamentally just a couple of pieces of wood and you could make your own equivalent in 5 minutes for almost nothing.

I've some of these hung off a beam as an addition to beastmaker boards, and really like them for relatively injury free pull ups. Very skin friendly. Think it would be a tragedy to sand them and bolt them up
However, have you got any campus rungs bolted up? Maybe a couple of large Moon Rungs.
Additionally I've got a couple of Crusher campus rung slopers
http://crusherholds.co.uk/crusher-campus-board-rungs/crusher-campus-rung-sl...
Which really work up open handed contact strength. Again, very skin friendly. A bit like the Beastmakers, takes a bit of time using them and working in chalk until friction rises.
 alx 30 Oct 2016
The hold would stick out some way from the mount as such the bolt would be a very long and bounce or bend wrecking your wall. As for training value, if you have a hangboard already then the slopers should be sufficient. It think the problem may be is that your expecting to be good or ok at something quickly, your improvised hold will only make you hide further from embracing slopers.

When approaching hanging slopers squeeze the hold with first knuckle by the palm and not the joints near the ends of your fingers.
Post edited at 20:05

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...