UKC

Weekly top 10 photo juxtaposition (almost)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 31 Oct 2016
 Valkyrie1968 31 Oct 2016
In reply to GarethSL:

Based on the comments "So, my ankles are fine. My back and hip not so much. But I'll be back climbing next year." and "Saw some MRT commotion from Higgar" I'd say that they probably are, and also that your post is a bit of a dick move.
 Aigen 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Valkyrie1968:

Is that you in the picture falling off. Do you mind me asking what happened? Hope you are ok.
 Valkyrie1968 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Aigen:

It's not me, I just feel that it's a little tasteless. Admittedly the guy uploaded the photo, stuck a funny caption on it, and replied to comments in order to explain what happened, so he can't be that distraught, but if I'd f*cked myself up taking a grounder and was looking at quite a long time out I'd probably be pissed to see that it had made someone "chuckle", even if that's based on wonky logic (Gareth being amused by the incongruity of two seemingly unrelated pictures in the Weekly Top 10, which are in fact causally related).
OP GarethSL 31 Oct 2016

I know, my humour is dry, tasteless and dark (*insert joke about mrs num num's snooch here*). No intention to offend.
 ianstevens 31 Oct 2016

> It's not me, I just feel that it's a little tasteless. Admittedly the guy uploaded the photo, stuck a funny caption on it, and replied to comments in order to explain what happened, so he can't be that distraught, but if I'd f*cked myself up taking a grounder and was looking at quite a long time out I'd probably be pissed to see that it had made someone "chuckle", even if that's based on wonky logic (Gareth being amused by the incongruity of two seemingly unrelated pictures in the Weekly Top 10, which are in fact causally related).

Once you're injured there's nothing you can do to change it. I'd much rather someone else got a laugh out of it than everyone being morbid and tip-toeing around it.
 Fredt 31 Oct 2016
In reply to GarethSL:

I fell off a climb last December, and I will never be able to climb again. Standing up is still a bit of a struggle. (though I never say never)
Please feel free to laugh, joke, etc, I really don't mind if it helps anyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...