UKC

Trials bikes in Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 scaredandweak 03 Nov 2016
Eugene Laverty riding a trials bike over the beautiful boulders

https://elaverty.com/

If you can be bothered to look its the left most one of the bar reading "latest news"
 Oceanrower 03 Nov 2016
In reply to scaredandweak:

They're not just 'our' boulders.

Non climbers can use them too.

(Awaits many dislikes and probably some rude comments)
 Doug 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

> They're not just 'our' boulders.

> Non climbers can use them too.

But I'm fairly sure that trail bikes are banned, at least in the ONF managed parts of the forest (which is most of it)

snoop6060 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

No rude comments from me.

No group of people on the planet have done nearly as much damage to the 'beautiful boulders' as climbers. Not even close.
OP scaredandweak 03 Nov 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I agree to be honest, I like Eugene Laverty, and was just a bit surprised to see this pop up. Was interested to see what others thought.
 Adrien 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Doug:

Indeed they are, although after much lobbying and negotiations with the ONF the Mountain bike federation is about to be awarded its first bike trail in the forest ( http://www.tl2b.com/2016/10/vetetistes-bleausards-samedi-15-octobre.html ).
 snoop6060 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Adrien:

Are there any hills in font? Can't imagine that trail being much fun. Maybe they'll make it a sketchy boulder trail like stainburn
 Doug 04 Nov 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

There are some hills in the forest, but the vertical difference isn't much so its either steep but short or longer but gentle. My understanding was that you were allowed to cycle on the forest roads/tracks but not the narrower footpaths, although in reality plenty of people do. My memories of cycling in the forest are mostly of getting bogged down in the sand.
 Adrien 04 Nov 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

No proper hills to speak off, but I suppose doing laps on low boulders could be fun? I've no idea what this new trail will look like though.
 JDC 04 Nov 2016
In reply to scaredandweak:

I did click through to the link and, whilst I understand the concern, it's worth a watch before folk jump to the wrong conclusions. Firstly, it's nothing to do with mountain bikes or new trails, the video is of someone riding a trials motorbike. Secondly, I couldn't see anything he rode over larger than about knee high so exactly prime Font problems.

I have no idea on local rules banning trials bikes, so won't comment on that aspect!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...