UKC

Forget Brexit, this is serious.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 04 Nov 2016
The holy war that is dividing my household at the moment: Toaster vs grill pan.

I'm firmly on the side of the grill, as it's nigh impossible to get a toaster with wide enough slots for crumpets and bits of bread always get stuck in it. My wife disagrees, and thinks a toaster is all you need. She is wrong.

Is there any way to resolve this amicably or is it going to end in toastal war?
 tspoon1981 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

If you're both that toast/crumpet mad, then you need a conveyor toaster.
 balmybaldwin 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Let your missus live with her error, but resolutely make our own toast in the grill, she'll soon be nicking your evenly browned toast at which point you can proudly declare victory
 mrphilipoldham 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

I've never had a problem getting crumpets in any toaster? How big are these crumpets of yours and where do you buy them? I want.
 digby 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

You're right. I had a single slot variable width toaster that was great for fat or long stuff. It died and the only replacement in existence is the transparent one, but it's bloody expensive.

In reply to davidbeynon:

Why not a toaster as well? You wouldn't want another Grillopoly.
 Greasy Prusiks 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

It is a truth universally acknowledge that any household must be in search of the perfect toaster.

Unfortunately there is no such item .
 DaveHK 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Many of the peace projects in the middle East involve building a shared history. I suggest you find a bread product you both love and take it from there.
 wintertree 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

You can't make cheese on toast in a toaster.
 bouldery bits 04 Nov 2016
In reply to tspoon1981:

> If you're both that toast/crumpet mad, then you need a conveyor toaster.

I have never had a god experience involving a conveyor toaster. You can either have a slice of limp warm bread or a compacted tablet of ash. No middle ground.
 Bootrock 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

> Is there any way to resolve this amicably or is it going to end in toastal war?

Yea, you are the man of the house, if anything needs to be said, it can be said with the back of your hand.

Disclaimer. This is a joke. I do not advocate domestic abuse.
 wiwwim 04 Nov 2016
In reply to wintertree:

You can easily, just put the toaster on its side ya pillock.
 Bootrock 04 Nov 2016
In reply to wiwwim:

Aye and when it pops, it fires the toast across the kitchen like a broadside cannon, sticking to the cat by the melted cheese, and sent running around the house..

tspoon1981 04 Nov 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

You mean to say, you've never seen the face of Christ on a singed piece of hovis! Herecy
 krikoman 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Depends, electric grill then definitely toaster, ours takes crumpets easily.

Big Ger 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Grill of course. Preferably a gas one.
OP d_b 04 Nov 2016
In reply to wintertree:

This is the killer argument I think, but I married someone who dislikes cheese!
OP d_b 04 Nov 2016
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Most recently, bog standard warbutons. Most of the supermarket own brand will go in, but these are a bit tight & don't want to come out again.
 mrphilipoldham 04 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

I'm a big fan of Asda's own.. just as good, if not better than Warbys! 9 for 50p too.
OP d_b 04 Nov 2016
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

I don't have an asda locally but I will give them a go next time I pass one.
 cas smerdon 05 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Morphy Richards 4 slice toaster from Currys perfect for Warburtons crumpets.
Don't even think about buying cheap crumpets!!
 Jenny C 05 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon: agree with you that grilled toast if toasted for the right time is superior. More crispy on the outside but still moist and bready inside.

In reality though I almost invariably burn grilled toast, so the generally I prefer the toaster for ease.

Bobling 05 Nov 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:
You need both. Don't underestimate the power of the toaster when you realise you are one minute away from toddler melt-down if they don't get fed NOW and you have to be out of the house in ten minutes. Toaster is much more convenient in this situation and hot buttered toast and jam is irresistible to tiny people, saved the day for us on many an occasion!
Post edited at 21:53
Jim C 06 Nov 2016
In reply to wintertree:

> You can't make cheese on toast in a toaster.

You CAN . Put the cheese on previously toasted bread and put the cheese on the toast in one of those heat proof toasting bags.
Now turn your toaster on its side.
I give you Cheese on toast IN a toaster

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...