UKC

Knee/hamstring pulled

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Knee trouble - hooking round a tufa with my left heel I felt a gristly double snap at back of knee; thought - oh shit, that's serious. Was in Kalymnos - limped around a bit but carried on climbing - just a bit sore so avoided hooking moves. 2 weeks later still sore and cannot go running. Should I be worried? Anybody had similar experience?
 Phil79 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Greg Cunningham:
I pulled my hamstring a few years ago, no idea how I did it as I don't remember a specific injury (it was just hurting one day, and more so the next day). I couldn't run for a good 6-7 months, and walking was painful for at least a month. Had some NHS physio and did loads of stretching to try and sort it after initial injury had subsided.

Didn't seem to massively impact my climbing, I went easy for a month or two.

No idea if you have just pulled hamstring, or something more, but I'd suggest at very least trip to the docs.
Post edited at 15:15
 Rick Graham 07 Nov 2016

Did something similar in 2005, not used a left heel hook since.
Fortunately all other leg and knee maneuvers seem unaffected.

I just rested mine and avoided things that made it hurt.

Best get it looked at, I wish I had.
 dmca 07 Nov 2016

I felt my hamstring go a few weeks ago (playing football rather than climbing). After a couple of weeks rest followed by stretching I tried a climbing session, which was going fine until I tried a heel hook - that caused some significant pain. Couple more weeks with more exercises and stretching and it seems almost back to normal. My hamstring pull was higher up my leg though, I guess not entirely comparable. See a physio/doctor if you can afford it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...