UKC

World Youth Championships

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 09 Nov 2016
I don't usually follow youth events but the young climbers are now so good this could be almost as good as the adult events. Climbers like Janja Garnbret, Ashima Shiraishi, Miho Nonaka and Stasa Geho, and Margo Hayes are already competing and beating the best adult climbers. Plus the UK team seems pretty great too with Will Bosi, Jim Pope and Emily Phillips - who I believe was the first person to completely destroy the Tom Randall lattice board test.

I think only the finals are being streamed but probably still worth watching for those of us not in Kendal.
 winhill 09 Nov 2016
In reply to stp:

The lead final are done already, Slovenia in female youth A, top 3 and 4 out of the top 5!

A country the size of Wales.
OP stp 10 Nov 2016
In reply to winhill:

Slovenians definitely do very well given the small size of their country.

Seems to be no coverage of that on the IFSC Youtube channel yet. Presumably down to the Chinese government internet paranoia then, as the first video promises full coverage of all the finals in all age categories.

Brief video of the qualification rounds: youtube.com/watch?v=wTHnAJHfJDE&
 winhill 15 Nov 2016
In reply to stp:

Good result in the Junior, Tara Hayes 2nd and Bosi 3rd, Bosi got 2nd in the combined bit too.

In the female though Margo Hayes (USA) looks way ahead, 4 tops in the final to everyone else's 1 top.
OP stp 16 Nov 2016
In reply to winhill:

Great effort by TeamGB.

I see they've finally got the full stream vids of the finals for each of the categories.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ifscchannel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...