UKC

Lies are the lay of the land

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 16 Nov 2016
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37995606

All this cr*p has got to stop.
Somebody (Corbyn?!) has got to demand some truth or we are truly lost.

Johnson should shut his stupid trap until he actually knows something.
But one thing he does know full well is that millions of gullible people trust his every word. What the hell does he expect as an outcome? Everything he says seems to be about keeping his own head above water politically.
These are serious times. We need serious men and women governing for us. Not clowns and charlatans.
abseil 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

> All this cr*p has got to stop....

And good morning to you too.....

Never mind Boris. What we really need to do is find a way to harness all the hot air energy coming out of Downing Street and Parliament. Couldn't it be channeled into a giant turbine or something?
 timjones 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

What's got to stop?

Lies or poor journalism?
OP Pete Pozman 16 Nov 2016
In reply to timjones:

It's the outrageousness of the lying with absolutely no thought for deep and lasting consequences which I find most appalling. May, I thought, was a cautious pragmatist but she seems unable to get off the wave of sewage which is taking us who knows where.
 wercat 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

The trouble is they are relying on us all believing that they know what they are doing. We could do with a topical satirical comedy about what is going on "inside" to educate us all.
 timjones 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

> It's the outrageousness of the lying with absolutely no thought for deep and lasting consequences which I find most appalling. May, I thought, was a cautious pragmatist but she seems unable to get off the wave of sewage which is taking us who knows where.

Does the article show anyone to be lying or is it a piss poor piece of writing using quotes from opposing sides and hearsay?

Don't let shoddy journalism drag you down.
 toad 16 Nov 2016
In reply to timjones:

the BBC are arse covering to an extent, but the original source seems pretty reliable in that BJ made stuff up off the cuff and got his facts wrong.
 timjones 16 Nov 2016
In reply to toad:
> the BBC are arse covering to an extent, but the original source seems pretty reliable in that BJ made stuff up off the cuff and got his facts wrong.

The aim of maintaining free trade with some form of curb on movement is probably a good position to start negotitians.

Surely it will compromise our ability to negotiate if our politicians start telling the foreign press how low we are prepared to go
Post edited at 11:19
 Lord_ash2000 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

I really wouldn't worry to much. For one what he said isn't a lie

>"The foreign secretary reportedly told a Czech paper the UK was likely to leave the EU customs union post-Brexit - but still wanted to trade freely after."

I'm sure he / the government really do want to trade freely afterwards, how possible that will be is another matter but his intentions are genuine.

As for the rest, its basically "British pro Brexit MP wants to have everything and give up nothing" "Pro EU European who's really annoyed Britain is leaving says in an unofficial capacity that we'll be getting sod all"

It's all just hot air from both sides at the moment which is why there will be 2 years of official negotiations to thrash it all out. Neither side is going to get the perfect deal but a compromise will be made and life will go on for both sides of the channel.

If you 100% believe either sides mouthing off at this stage you're just a gullible as those who really thought the NHS would get £350m a week or that Trump is going to start world war 3.
 Trevers 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

I suspect it's all just posturing from Johnson. He's sensed how weak May is as a leader, and he'd like to make her look to be responsible for the disaster/failure that is Brexit, and not appear to be responsible himself (which I presume was her reasoning for putting him in his role).
Jim C 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

If you 100% believe either sides mouthing off at this stage you're just a gullible as those who really thought the NHS would get £350m a week or that Trump is going to start world war 3.

Putin (apparently) said Trump had SAVED us from a WW3 , that would have come out of a Clinton win.
http://www.morningledger.com/donald-trump-saved-world-world-war-3-says-russ...

In reply to timjones:

> Lies or poor journalism?

Since Boris started as a lying journalist, how about stopping both...?
 Andy Hardy 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Geronimus:

> Boris is better than all your labour dicks

At what? I cannot think of a single thing that I'd put him in charge of. He is a monumental bell end. Amoral, venal, priveleged spunkflute.
 girlymonkey 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Andy Hardy:

I like how the current political era has unleashed people's creative talents when it comes to insults
 FesteringSore 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> At what? I cannot think of a single thing that I'd put him in charge of. He is a monumental bell end. Amoral, venal, priveleged spunkflute.

And he can probably spell privileged.
In reply to FesteringSore:

> And he can probably spell privileged.

In a number of languages, I'm led to believe (although, in post-truth politics, that may be a lie, too).

Can we make him internet spelling monitor, then?

Or should that be internet spelling Tsar*?

* pick your favourite transliteration...
In reply to Geronimus:

> Nob

Now just hold on a cotton pickin' minute right there Braveheart.
Oh.. right.. You're agreeing with me.
In that case: TRUMP!
In reply to Geronimus:

> Boris is better than all your labour dicks

As in: a better dick; or nob as it were.
 IPPurewater 16 Nov 2016
In reply to wercat:

> The trouble is they are relying on us all believing that they know what they are doing. We could do with a topical satirical comedy about what is going on "inside" to educate us all.

Something along the lines of "Yes Minister" perhaps.
 colinakmc 16 Nov 2016
In reply to IPPurewater:
We've now got the real YesPrime Minister live, May just kept her head down and said nothing until the rest of the Tory pack had torn each other to ribbons. Stepped over the bodies and got the PM job unopposed.

It was a farce in the 80's, it'll be a farce now....
 birdie num num 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Because bags cost 5p these days, I don't think enough Uckers are breathing into them. Hysteria has resulted.
 Andy Hardy 17 Nov 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

> And he can probably spell privileged.

So at least there's a beginning to his talent. I was starting to worry.
 wercat 17 Nov 2016
In reply to IPPurewater:
Indeed, but possibly also combined with something aimed at a prime time audience to reach more people
Post edited at 09:33
pasbury 17 Nov 2016
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Sounds like he was put in his place:

'Maybe we're going to lose some Prosecco; you're going to lose some fish and chips exports. The difference is I'm going to lose [exports] to one country, you to 27.'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...