UKC

Clarkson on Amazon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 17 Nov 2016
I quite like the buffoon, but I am not an Amazon Prime user.

Will he, and his chums, be worth the subscription?
 aln 17 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

No
Clauso 17 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

You seem to have posted this in the Culture Bunker by mistake.
In reply to The Lemming:

get a month free, check it out, watch a few series of The Fall/ Walking Dead then cancel.
 broken spectre 17 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

I'm sure it'll all get regurgitated on Channel Dave or something before we know it.
 balmybaldwin 17 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

I'll tell you tomorrow. Last year's subscription was certainly not worth it as the show wasn't on despite them aggressively advertising it
In reply to The Lemming:

Prime is worth the money for the free delivery and the other content. Clarkson is just a minor bonus.

Chuck in the BBC licence, get Prime and save 5 quid a month.
OP The Lemming 18 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Well,

I've just watched the first episode and I have to say that I suspect that Top Gear and its producers are sh1tting themselves right now.

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode and will probably not even bother with future episodes of Top Gear as it is now looking decidedly long in the tooth.

Lusk 18 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Aye, I heard JC's new show was brilliant.
That precious little producer has probably cost the BBC 100s of Millions of Pounds!
And as result, probably deprive us all of some quality productions.
 deacondeacon 18 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

We have Amazon prime but I think we'll be going back to Netflix. It's definitely feeling a bit stale now that we've had it a while and I find it really annoying that not all content is included in the price.
 richprideaux 18 Nov 2016
In reply to deacondeacon:

What's not included? Do you mean rental stuff?
In reply to Lusk:

> That precious little producer has probably cost the BBC 100s of Millions of Pounds!

That precious little producer was punched in the face. I most certainly would not tolerate that if it happened to me, no matter how famous or powerful my work colleague. Would you?

> We have Amazon prime but I think we'll be going back to Netflix.

I have neither, but enjoyed the show all the same.

richprideaux 18 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Dodgy download?
In reply to richprideaux:

> Dodgy download?

Dodgy?

I have excellent fibre optic broadband at many many megabytes per second.
 richprideaux 18 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

But without paying Jeff Bezos?
In reply to The Lemming:

> That precious little producer was punched in the face. I most certainly would not tolerate that if it happened to me, no matter how famous or powerful my work colleague. Would you?

I'd forgive him if I was slipped half a million quid in exchange for a confidentiality agreement.
OP The Lemming 19 Nov 2016
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

That would soften the blow.

deacondeacon 19 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

> I have neither, but enjoyed the show all the same.

>

Hey that's really cool lemming. Did you shoplift some popcorn to eat while you were watching it?

deacondeacon 19 Nov 2016
In reply to richprideaux:

Yes. It can be frustrating when searching through the Amazon prime menus, find something you'd like to watch, then be told that you need to pay an extra £1.99 to view. When you've paid £80 for a video streaming service this is more than a little annoying. Everything you can see in the Netflix menus are included in the price.
 arch 19 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Get a Firestick and "jailbreak" it. Download Kodi onto it (Youtube is your friend here) and you can watch whatever you want whenever you want. Even films that are only just out at the pictures.
 Dax H 19 Nov 2016
In reply to arch:

No you mean you can steal whatever you want.

We tried the prime trial, I was not impressed. As someone said above lots of it is behind a further pay wall.
It's not even worth it for the deliveries either, I couldn't tell you when I last paid for a delivery. It's free if you spend enough and don't mind waiting a few days.
In reply to Dax H:

Agree, prime is pretty average. All the good stuff you have to pay extra for. The music is not a patch on spotify, the movies/tv not a patch on Netflix, and free delivery if you spend over 25 pounds anyway.

The Grand Tour is a good catch for them, but they will need more of the same to keep me interested
 Dave Garnett 19 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

> That precious little producer was punched in the face. I most certainly would not tolerate that if it happened to me, no matter how famous or powerful my work colleague. Would you?

And, as I recall, the producer didn't even make a formal complaint, although I think there was a compensation claim later after it had all kicked off properly.
 wilkie14c 19 Nov 2016
In reply to arch:

"at the pictures"

where are you from, the 1970's? lol

another fire stick / kodi user here
OP The Lemming 19 Nov 2016
In reply to wilkie14c:

> "at the pictures"

> where are you from, the 1970's? lol

> another fire stick / kodi user here

Going to have to board that train.

Was it straight forward to set up?

BTW

How's life in the Peaks?

wilkie14c 19 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:
cold! not as cold as the fylde though, was there last night, car said 2 deg and snow on the ground at charnock richard.

yea, dead easy mate, some great youtube guides, just follow along when you doing it
Post edited at 20:17
 Hooo 19 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Well

After reading this thread I just watched the first episode (on someone else's Prime account). All I can say is that's 45 minutes of my life that I won't get back, and I'm bloody glad I didn't pay for it.
It's just a mediocre Top Gear episode. I was hoping to see one of their ridiculous challenges with loads of crashes. Those were great fun.
 Wsdconst 20 Nov 2016
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

> I'd forgive him if I was slipped half a million quid in exchange for a confidentiality agreement.

I'd take a punch from Mike Tyson for half a million quid.
 deacondeacon 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Wsdconst:

Life comes cheap for Barnsley folk
 Wsdconst 20 Nov 2016

Well, you can buy a whole street for 25 quid round these parts.
 SChriscoli 20 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

We have Prime - but use it as an alternative Netflix (ditching sky soon)

Is Clarkson and Co a great thing - going by the first episode - yes.

Is it worth £79 for the privilidge - no show is worth that much.

I get value elsewhere from Amazon with the prime service...so GT is just a bonus for me.

As a previous poster put : Top Gear are probably shitting it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...